[XBMCSubtitles] no choices available
I'm having trouble getting the subtitles plugin to run. Here's a rundown of what I did, and what particularities I came across.
I am running the newest version from the PPA (not the unstable) on Ubuntu 12.10:
Version: XBMC 11.0 Git: Unknown (Compiled : Sep 24 2012)

• I installed the Add-On "XBMC Subtitles, version 3.9.3"
  • Opened settings->video->skin->ADD-on shortcuts->videoOSD and added XBMC Subtitles as the "subtitle add-on" (the text said something a bit different, but this looked like it was what it meant?)
  • When playing a movie, I click on the squary for subtitles.
  • A window slides open, with as title on the left opensubtitles.org, and on the right it says "XBMC subtitles". Look like it opens the add-on allright, doesn't it?
  • I don't see any subtitles, or for that matter, anything much else then a blue arrow on the right.
  • The windows closes pretty quickly, no matter what I do. There isn't anything looking like a choice.

Apart from that, the settings look kinda weird as well:

I have made a log for one of the attempts: debug log

Why 3.9.3?, that's for frodo
Aha! that helps. I did have frodo installed for a bit (used the unstable PPA first), but removed it in favor of the current. I can't say I have the link ready, but I got from this forum I needed to remove all the add-on database stuff and reload it. That worked for the other add-ons, so never looked twice at the subtitles.

Lets see

I'll start with uninstall, force refresh the add-on database and then reinstall.

That gives me 3.5.2. That sure looks different, thanks! Assuming I can get it to work now, If not, I'll see if it's a different problem or the same, thanks again . (update: worked lke a charm.)

(makes me feel a bit stupid, all adding those screenshots and the logs, just for having installed the wrong version Smile )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBMCSubtitles] no choices available0