Bugs in screen sleep
On the Mac version of XBMC there is a serious issue with the screen sleep: XBMC has its own way to put the screen to sleep, and does this regardless what is happening in OSX.

For example:
If you ctrl-tab away from XBMC into another application, and XBMC is not touched for 3 minutes, it shuts the display even when mouse/keyboard activity is happening in another process. As I type this my screen went black.

I think the good way to implement sleep is:
- Just let OSX do the energy saving: if OSX is set to 5 minutes before screen turn off, let OSX deal with that.
- Suppress the OSX sleep when playing movies (like VLC, Quicktime, The Tube etc do.)

There is no need to make your own system.

Another anoying thing of the current system:
If you have both OSX energy saving and XBCM screen sleep active, your screen will light up every 3 minutes and show a no-signal screen. Not the best for your backlight.
eden or frodo?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I've never had that issue myself, but I should point out that XBMC is designed to be used as a single application on a single box. It's not really a media player for use as you're using the computer at the same time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bugs in screen sleep0