Hello Smile

I'm new to this software.

Version 11 Eden.

At startup I get this error message:
Quote:Error
Script failed! : script.common.plugin.cache

Log:
xbmc.log

The software is running on a brand new Sony Vaio S15 with Windows 8 64bit.

After I installed XBMC, the only thing I did was to apply this guide: Fusion: Easy Addon Installation for XBMC

Can anyone lead me back on track?

Thank you in advance Smile

Bjorn Espen Fagerheim
Python doesn't like non-asc-ii characters in import module paths on Windows - in most cases in your Windows username and thus in your userprofile folder name.
This is because nobody actually bothers to do correct paths decoding to UTF-8 when importing external modules in XBMC addons. So, correcting the addon code aside (.decode('utf-8') in module import paths will help), all you can do is either to run XBMC under username which does not contain non-asc-ii characters (plain English + numbers only) or to run it in the portable mode from a folder which does not include non-asc-ii chars in its name.
It is caused by a special character in the user name.
ok, I will try this Smile
..btw, how can I run this in portabel mode?

:Bjorn
You can run xbmc in portable mode with -p switch. You can modify the shortcut destination to something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe" -p
It is working now.
I moved location of the %appdata%\roaming to a location without the special character.

Thanks for helping me with this Smile

:Bjorn
I don't get this. I've got the same script error, but I don't have a special character in my user name.
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata
(2013-02-18, 19:19)FIBO Wrote: I don't get this. I've got the same script error, but I don't have a special character in my user name.
C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

No one can help you without a link to your uploaded debug log (wiki) as LN-BEF had done in his first post.
Sorry, here it is:
log file

I quit XBMC just after the error message/popup disappeared
Your error is unrelated to the OP's, which had to do with character encoding. Yours is:
Code:
20:15:56 T:1604   ERROR: Error Type: <class 'socket.error'>
20:15:56 T:1604   ERROR: Error Contents: (10013, 'Er is geprobeerd toegang te verkrijgen tot een socket op een volgens de toegangsmachtigingen niet toegestane manier')
I can't read Dutch(?), but Google Translate says, "An attempt was made to access a socket in a according to the access permissions unauthorized manner".

By the way (and totally unrelated to your problem above), you have errors in your mouse.xml files:
Code:
20:15:55 T:8548    INFO: Loading special://masterprofile/keymaps/mouse.xml
20:15:55 T:8548   ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'mousemovel' defined
20:15:55 T:8548    INFO: Loading special://profile/keymaps/mouse.xml
20:15:55 T:8548   ERROR: Keymapping error: no such action 'mousemovel' defined
indeed it's Dutch and Google translated it perfect. But what does it tell me? I don't use passwords between the server and the HTPC, so why unauthorised permission? From what to where?

The mouse.xml-file

(MOD edit: Removed irrelevant in-line posted XML file)

works fine

The <mousemove>noop</mousemove> enables me to use the mousebuttons differently within Fullscreenvideo, else it will bring up the OSD. I did just found out that I should have placed it here C:\Users\myname\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\keymaps instead of here C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\system\keymaps. But I don't think it could have anything to do with that.
That message is referring to a socket error and not credentials used to access your server. I believe a socket error 10013 is saying that the port it's attempting to open is already in use. Check your XBMC webserver settings to be sure the port you specified is not already being used by something else.

I removed your in-line posted mouse.xml since it's irrelevant to the discussion and creates too much clutter. I just wanted to give you a "heads-up" since I spotted the error messages in your log. But the line you need to correct is:
Code:
<mousemove>mousemovel</mousemove>
(Remove the trailing "l" in "mousemove")
thanx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Script failed! : script.common.plugin.cache at startup0