2 Sexy Looking Cases
Lightbulb 
Okay,...I hate applying "sexy" to a case,....but these do look pretty sweet.

Has anyone used these cases? Experiences, good, badHuh
A friend was going to buy a $2,000 touch-screen "all-in-one" PC.
I told him that I could do it for less than half that price,...and he'd still able to buy a Tablet with the left over money.

Anyway,..I was looking at these 2 Silverstone cases:
Silverstone Tek Aluminum Mini ITX 140mm FanX1 USB3.0x2 3.5-Inchx1 and 2.5-Inchx2 Drive Bays Tower Computer Case FT03S-MINI - Silver

Silverstone Tek Thin Mini-ITX Media Center for Intel DH61AG Mother Board with Slim ODD Bay Case, Black PT12B $59.99

He wants at a minimum an i3,...but he'd really like the i7.
I'm trying to talk him down from thinking he needs the equivalent of "Big Blue",...but he's a little determined.
So I'll be spec'ing out 3 different systems and the prices, with parts.

This'll be going in his bedroom,...so he wants a touch screen less than 22",...and can run XBMC.
Of course I told him that he could get an A6,..but like I said,..he has his heart on an i7. So be it.
He fell over when I showed him my XBMC system.
Silverstone are a frustrating company. The top one would look so much better without their silly logo on it.

The bottom one ... I came across this when contemplating a thin-ITX build, personally I think it looks like it's just been thrown together. That vent thing on the left, on the front panel held in by screws, it just looks cheap. Likewise the tray-load optical drive rather than slot-load. As far as I can tell this case is made for a market where aesthetics come a distant second, it doesn't make for a sexy HTPC. In my personal opinion of course Smile
I like the first case better than the 2nd. I have to agree with the previous poster. If the frst one could come with without the logo.
I think this one look much better:

(2013-01-28, 20:34)Zigmo Wrote: I like the first case better than the 2nd. I have to agree with the previous poster. If the frst one could come with without the logo.

I actually agree with both of you,....guess I hadn't sone any hard searching.
In fact,...now that I look at it,...the silver one looks like a mini refrigerator where you could keep your beer.

(2013-01-28, 20:41)kokoro Wrote: I think this one look much better:

Yup! That does look much better! I'll check this one out.

Yikes £399.00 or,...$640 USDHuh?? That can't be right,...is it?
Lol, yeah the price is crazy...but the hardware is included at least.

Otherwise these cases are also nice and expensive:

Atechfabrication
How about these for mini-ITX towers?

E-M5

E-M3

I've always been partial to this one: Wesena $65 + shipping on Amazon
(2013-01-29, 02:13)Dougie Fresh Wrote: How about these for mini-ITX towers?

E-M5

E-M3

those are nice were can you get them
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
(2013-01-29, 04:34)lagledavid Wrote: those are nice were can you get them

I should be able to get them end of next month.

I like the Wesena too although the $65 doesn't get you a power supply or IR receiver/remote and the shipping is not cheap.

Three sexy cases Smile

Yeah this is a pretty nice case. I would love to get something like that for a reasonable price. ( empty)

Dougie Fresh I have to say I love your cases. First time I saw them I immediately started thinking about a new build around using one.
(2013-01-29, 05:20)mobias1313 Wrote: Dougie Fresh I have to say I love your cases. First time I saw them I immediately started thinking about a new build around using one.

Me too Smile. I fell in love with the E-i7, had to order a case of them and then the rest is history. Be careful... shiny brushed aluminum is addictive!

If you have a DH61AG motherboard, this would be the ultimate thin HTPC mini-ITX case (IMHO):

Morex 887

Notice it has an IR port and you can use a tray load or slot load optical.
The E-M5 black is a very sexy case Dougie fresh, it reminds me the ones from HFX and Awieco:

HFX Powernas

(2013-01-29, 10:47)kokoro Wrote: The E-M5 black is a very sexy case Dougie fresh, it reminds me the ones from HFX and Awieco:

Except you can only get one 3.5" drive in it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 Sexy Looking Cases0