Solved Latest episodes widget and other display issues
I have setup the Recommended and Latest Episodes widgets in Frodo RC3 for my TV Shows. They display as follows:

When I click on one of the displayed shows in the Recommended Widget everything displays fine:

When I click on one of the displayed shows in the Latest Episodes Widget, all I see is 1080p and the Star ratings which is not correct. The shows are all 480p with AAC audio as in the picture above but see every show in Latest Episodes incorrectly as follows:

I have also highlighted the Weather display that is missing the text about the weather, all I see is an icon. Is there a way to get the text to display (IE: Partly Cloudy) rather than just the icon?

One final display issue is if I set the TV Shows background to "Latest Episodes", I also get a black screen for the first show in the sequence and all the others display fine. So whenever I start XBMC and switch to TV Shows, I have no background for a period of time until it rotates to the next show. If I manually select the show, I get the background but not during the cycle time. This does not happen when I select Random Episodes as my background.

These are all minor issues but thought I'd post anyway.

Thanks for the killer skin! Smile
The whole star rating and 1080p thing is because xbmc doesn't know all the stream details until the file has been accessed once. If you start playing the file, even for half a second and then look at the details in the widget, they will all be correct. To the best of my knowledge there is no way around that :S
(2013-01-28, 21:40)Xtropy Wrote: I have setup the Recommended and Latest Episodes widgets in Frodo RC3 for my TV Shows. They display as follows:

When I click on one of the displayed shows in the Recommended Widget everything displays fine:

When I click on one of the displayed shows in the Latest Episodes Widget, all I see is 1080p and the Star ratings which is not correct. The shows are all 480p with AAC audio as in the picture above but see every show in Latest Episodes incorrectly as follows:

I have also highlighted the Weather display that is missing the text about the weather, all I see is an icon. Is there a way to get the text to display (IE: Partly Cloudy) rather than just the icon?

One final display issue is if I set the TV Shows background to "Latest Episodes", I also get a black screen for the first show in the sequence and all the others display fine. So whenever I start XBMC and switch to TV Shows, I have no background for a period of time until it rotates to the next show. If I manually select the show, I get the background but not during the cycle time. This does not happen when I select Random Episodes as my background.

These are all minor issues but thought I'd post anyway.

Thanks for the killer skin! Smile

the missing media flags is a xbmc/script issue. try browsing to them in database so that xbmc scans them and then restart xbmc and try again. no way for us to fix that.
text option for weather won´t come back but you can choose weather as InfoLine, that will also give you some info.

EDIT: vaikin was faster
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks for the ultra quick reply. Can't believe I didn't notice the media flag/1080p issue before. I changed to InfoLine and displaying the details I wanted albeit with a small cosmetic change, not a big deal, thanks for the suggestion.

The TV show background/fan art blank issue only happens with "In-progress TV" background (my error in the name/option). Slight typo as well where it says "In-progress movies TV", I believe this should just say "In-progress TV"? Again not a big deal just something I came across:

fixed on GIT.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks, the fanart displays perfectly now after grabbing the GIT this morning.

Just a FYI, when I go to change the wallpaper type, it still displays as above "In-progress movies TV" but when I select it, the option shows in the widget config as "Recommended Episodes". When I select "In-progress movies", it shows as "In-progress movies". This just appears to be a text display issue as the selection itself works flawlessly now.

Thanks again for the help/bug fix
Just grabbed the latest GIT and all issues have been addressed and resolved. Thanks a lot for the answers/fixes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest episodes widget and other display issues0