UK Film Information?
Hello

I've had a Google around and couldn't really find anything conclusive; short of manually renaming films. I have a few films in my collection that have names that vary from region to region. A few examples of this:
Pirate Radio = The Boat That Rocked
American Reunion = American Pie: The Reunion
Live Free Or Die Hard = Die Hard 4.0

All of them have the UK file names but the standard Frodo movie scraper just sees these and then collects the US information. Is there any way to change this? A bonus would be having all UK BBFC ratings too but this doesn't bother me too much.

I hope somebody can help or point me in the correct direction.

Thanks, Dave.
Use the Universal Scraper for movies. Universal Scraper can use a few scraper sites like the other scrapers can, but it gives you a ton of fine-grain control over stuff like this. When you "set content" on a source and select Universal Scraper, click on "settings" and you should see an option to select preferred title.
Thanks for the helpful advise. I setup the Universal Scraper and it's really flexible; I now have all of the UK ratings plus some other useful functions.

The only thing missing from it is the option to use the UK film names. With IMDB I can select various 'non English' countries, but not the UK so I'm still stuck with the US/International names. With themoviedb.org I'm only able to specify different languages, not country/regional variations.

Anyone else with some bright ideas?
Anybody with any ideas? I can't have been the first person to come across this.
To be honest, I didn't even know any films bothered to change their names between the UK and the US. That seems... odd. It's not like we speak different languages.
Same thing happens in Australia too. A few years back we had Four Christmas' renamed as Four Holidays. It's not like Australians don't know what Christmas is....
Openelec on ASRock ION 330 / Kodi on Win 7 PC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
UK Film Information?0