Sony Google TV Remote for HTPC
Anyone see these remotes?

http://www.electronicadventure.us/Mercha...PAodECEAzg

They look like a match made in heaven for an HTPC. My coworker has the google tv box and says the remote was almost worth the price of the box alone. I'm wondering if any of you have attempted to get this thing to work with an HTPC?

From what I've read briefly around the web, people can get the keyboard assigned but the trackpad is another issue altogerher. Without the trackpad it's kind of a non-starter, but certainly compelling if you could get the thing fully mapped.

I'd imagine you can use FLIRC to get everything mapped on the keyboard but not sure how you'd go around getting the trackpad set up.
I have tested one of these at work. I am thinking of getting one for my htpc as well. It is a perfect remote for a htpc. It was simple to get connected through a bluetooth adapter to the pc. Everything worked perfectly except for the trackpad. The remote connects and is recognized as a "bluetooth keyboard", which is why the trackpad doesn't work. Not sure if there is a way to work around that or not.

For my uses with my htpc the lack of trackpad isn't much of an issue. My only issue is the price tag. Right now I use a ps3 bluetooth remote, so the only real advantage from this remote for me would be the full keyboard, which while nice, isn't necessarily worth the $90 price tag.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Google TV Remote for HTPC0