Music scrapers not reading tags from FLAC
I'm using the universal scrapers (artist/album), but, all of the FLAC files in my library don't get scraped.

I have some of them converted to MP3s (for my iPOD), and artist and albums get scanned for them.

As seems to always be the case with XBMC, this used to work in a previous version/lifetime. But not any more.

In the debug log (which I could post if desired), it says that "no tags found" for the (flac) files.

Please, PLEASE, help me get my music into the the library (I finally got all of my videos scraped in). This is the main reason I like (and want to use) XBMC - to keep track of my music and videos.

FWIW: running Eden on linux (Fedora 17 x86_64).

TIA

ken

FLAC files work fine, what tag type are they using?
(2013-01-29, 13:35)zag Wrote: FLAC files work fine, what tag type are they using?

IDv3.2 tags, along with FLAC/Vorbis.

I am using EasyTag to write out the tags, and it is configured to write tags as mentioned above.

Oh, and yes, the music does play.

Thanks for the help.

ken
FLAC should have Vorbis tags as standard.

Try using mp3tag and see if that works for a track.
(2013-01-29, 22:53)zag Wrote: Try using mp3tag and see if that works for a track.

I'm running linux (without wine), and I can't find a linux version of mp3tag.

I am using EasyTag (found HERE). Should do the same thing.

Use Frodo. Eden is old news. Note the id3v2 tags in flacs are counter to the flac standard (but Frodo will likely read them anyway).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2013-01-30, 02:02)jmarshall Wrote: Use Frodo. Eden is old news. Note the id3v2 tags in flacs are counter to the flac standard (but Frodo will likely read them anyway).

I can verify that Frodo does indeed read the tags. Unfortunately, Frodo (pre-built package) is only available for Fedora 18 linux. And I am not quite ready to upgrade this system from 17 to 18 just yet (I tested this running Fedora 18 on a usb flash stick - very, very slow - not recommended for real world use).

If someone can build Frodo for Fedora 17, I would greatly appreciate it. Until then, or when I upgrade, I'll suffer....

FWIW: Eden is not completely broken (in this respect). I did find a few (very few) flac files that it actually read the tags.

Thanks for your help.

ken

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music scrapers not reading tags from FLAC 0