AirPlay to Airport express?
Is it possible while playing files with XBMC on my iphone 4 to stream audio via airplay to my airport express? So far I think the answer is no, but I just want to be sure.

Just for background - I want to do this so I can stream from my media library, which is located on a NAS drive (a hard drive connected to my airport extreme router). I am currently using the FileBrowser app to do this, but I really want something capable of indexing/organizing the library.
iOS does this for you. Just double click the home button, scroll over to audio controls, and all audio (XBMC included) can be routed to the airport express.
Thanks! I tried that and thought it didn't work, but it turns out I had my DAC set to the wrong input.

I am having a lot of trouble getting the controls to respond - play, pause, next track, previous track, etc. Eventually it does start to play - any tips for making it faster? I have the NAS drive set up via AFP protocol, using the drives IP number.
There's a fair amount of audio lag when pushing audio over wifi, which might be why the controls don't seem responsive?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AirPlay to Airport express?0