first htpc!! help
ive recently been introduced to the world of XBMC and feel like ive been missing out after visiting my friends house

now i need to find a set up for myself and was thinking about getting something like

Asus EB1033-B0230 Eee Box PC

does anybody know if this is suitable to watch live tv through the internet, play games and watch movie files incuding mkv.

thank you
It'll play your MKV stuff fine. Its ability go play streamed media well will depend on the format of the media. You'll want to load nVidia's latest drivers and not rely on whatever your OS of choice loads for you.

Games? Yup... Space Invaders, Asteroids and all your favorite Mame roms should play just fine, as should things like The Sims. However this is no gaming machine so if you're looking for something to play BF3 you need to set your sights quite a bit higher and plan to spend a good chunk of this amount on a video card alone.
wow thanks for that rick p its only those types of games im looking for as i like to go old school now and then ive got a xbox and ps3 for BF3 so im all good there im assuming it can handle almost any video i send to it 1080 hdmi and all that aswell
wow thanks for that rick p its only those types of games im looking for as i like to go old school now and then ive got a xbox and ps3 for BF3 so im all good there im assuming it can handle almost any video i send to it 1080 hdmi and all that aswell

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
first htpc!! help0