Remote shortcut to home screen
I have a Logitech Harmony remote and have programmed it to emulate my Ortek V1100 media center remote, everything works fine except I have no quick method to get back to the start 'home' screen. The harmony has a 'menu' button, but currently mapped as a 'previous' button, this is duplicated by the 'previous' key (looks like a turning backward arrow). I have a 'redundant' key on my original Ortek remote which starts a browser at the 'home' page. I was wondering how could I re map this to the 'menu' button and map that to take it to the 'home' screen.
hi Birdincamera,

well you can do a lot with keyboard in XBMC.

Can you give more info. OS, your remote receiver...

if your remote sends "keyboard press" than it is easy Smile

first make keyboard.xml - look here

find what button on your remote sends what keypress...

then put activate window command in your xml - look here

and find window id you need - here

in the end you will get something like this (think this should work)

Code:
<keyboard>
       <f5>ActivateWindow(0)</f5>
</keyboard>

I think I have it.

OS is Win7 Ultimate 64
Remote receiver is an Ortek (not RC6), some cheap Vista MCE remote that acts as a keyboard and mouse

The keypress I want to map is 'esc', and the command I want is Global, ActivateWindow(10000) the 'Home' window.

My XML looks like this

<!--Template XBMC keyboard file-->
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<escape>ActivateWindow(10000)</escape>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

I used KeyMap Editor to construct the xml

Seems to work ok, you see I am trying to create a remote that is Wife proof Wink
aren't we all Big Grin

here is post on flirc forums if you need any more info Wink

http://forum.flirc.tv/index.php?/topic/2...-advanced/

just remember - now escape will act that way from kbd as well
Just as an FYI, instead of using the cryptic window ID, you can use the more user-friendly window name:
Code:
<escape>ActivateWindow(Home)</escape>

The various window names and IDs are listed here in the wiki: Window_IDs (wiki)
If you are using a harmony remote, you don't need all of these steps for the "Esc" key. In the harmony software, there is an option to remap the Esc key (and its what I use as well and its assigned to my "Menu" button)
Thats same as I have done, mapped 'esc' to 'menu', the xml tweak is so the keypress goes straight to the home window, without it its acting as 'previous' window.

However, first time I handed the remote to the wife, she managed to lock xbmc and the TV server up in 10 seconds. Confused
(2013-01-30, 16:10)Birdincamera Wrote: Thats same as I have done, mapped 'esc' to 'menu', the xml tweak is so the keypress goes straight to the home window, without it its acting as 'previous' window.

However, first time I handed the remote to the wife, she managed to lock xbmc and the TV server up in 10 seconds. Confused

no tweak for that i'm afraid Smile
(2013-01-29, 15:49)Burke Wrote: hi Birdincamera,

well you can do a lot with keyboard in XBMC.

Can you give more info. OS, your remote receiver...

if your remote sends "keyboard press" than it is easy Smile

first make keyboard.xml - look here

find what button on your remote sends what keypress...

then put activate window command in your xml - look here

and find window id you need - here

in the end you will get something like this (think this should work)
Code:
<keyboard>
<f5>ActivateWindow(0)</f5>
</keyboard>
I'm trying to map a button on my harmony remote to go straight into "movies" or "tv shows" menu. But I cant find a windows ID fot them. Any idea why? Theres one for mucic, games, addon and favourites.
(2019-04-30, 10:16)Suljo Wrote: I'm trying to map a button on my harmony remote to go straight into "movies" or "tv shows" menu. But I cant find a windows ID fot them. Any idea why? Theres one for mucic, games, addon and favourites. 
You're bumping a 6 year old thread - better to start a new one if you want your question to be seen.
Movies, tvshows etc all come under the videos window (10025 iirc)
You can use:
Quote:ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)
ActivateWindow(Videos,TVShowTitles,return)
The return means pressing 'back' will go back to where you were; leave it out and you'll go up a level instead.
Thanks so much! I know its an old thread but I like to keep relevant info together.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote shortcut to home screen0