• 10(current)
[Release] Language Preference Manager
Many thanks, it's set up and seemingly working now, although, it won't load subtitles for a couple of items I tested. I have it set to load English subs with Japanese audio where found. One such example was Bokurano, log here: http://pastebin.com/aeLapRbK

I believe also a Bakemono OP didn't, but that might have been whilst I was setting the preferences up still. As XBMC itself seems to remember what I've set things up to, I can't re-test a file from a 'clean' baseline, without knowing if that's interfering. I've never played Bokurano on that system, so I know that was a clean test. If you need any more logs or similar, please just ask.

Thanks again, great addon for what should be core functionality IMO.
(2014-08-12, 01:32)Hornet Wrote: Many thanks, it's set up and seemingly working now, although, it won't load subtitles for a couple of items I tested. I have it set to load English subs with Japanese audio where found. One such example was Bokurano, log here: http://pastebin.com/aeLapRbK

I believe also a Bakemono OP didn't, but that might have been whilst I was setting the preferences up still. As XBMC itself seems to remember what I've set things up to, I can't re-test a file from a 'clean' baseline, without knowing if that's interfering. I've never played Bokurano on that system, so I know that was a clean test. If you need any more logs or similar, please just ask.

Thanks again, great addon for what should be core functionality IMO.

Some files don't have the audio or subtitle languages labeled properly. Anime release groups especially like to use overly detailed names that don't get detected. I've had better luck turning on subtitles by default (open a video, enable the subs, tick the option to set as default for all videos) and then using LPM to turn OFF the subs if the audio language is English.
Interesting approach, thanks. How would that work with a dual audio release I wonder, say Cowboy Bebop? Would the preference for Japanese Audio trump the initial rule, or would it have a race condition as to which executed first (lang switching or sub toggling)? Will have to test tomorrow and see.
(2014-08-12, 03:06)Hornet Wrote: Interesting approach, thanks. How would that work with a dual audio release I wonder, say Cowboy Bebop? Would the preference for Japanese Audio trump the initial rule, or would it have a race condition as to which executed first (lang switching or sub toggling)? Will have to test tomorrow and see.

It's worked out pretty reliably for me, but in the odd case that doesn't, you can always set your preferences in the filename.
Brilliant....
But would it be possible to auto download first synced sub?
I am a complete noob at this but I need Japanese subtitles so Im looking to this add on to help me. However, like I said I am a noop and the only add ons I have been able to install to date are from repositories like mashup and fusion that I have installed from .zip in the file manager. . My question is where to I get the add on so I can install it and enable it. I could not find a link in the post.
Thank You
(2014-10-22, 13:11)kprice52001 Wrote: I am a complete noob at this but I need Japanese subtitles so Im looking to this add on to help me. However, like I said I am a noop and the only add ons I have been able to install to date are from repositories like mashup and fusion that I have installed from .zip in the file manager. . My question is where to I get the add on so I can install it and enable it. I could not find a link in the post.
Thank You

Links are in the first post, where it says "current version"
Hi

Are you planing to make this addon for Kodi 14.0?
I am on Kodi latest nightlies and this addon works as it should.

At this moment I would like to say to the author... thank you. Smile
It works with recent versions, but users who try to add it to a fresh installation might run into difficulty. I recently found it has some undeclared dependencies, which will cause the script to fail if they aren't already installed by another add on.
how to get this service on kodi?

I can't find it in addons > service
how to set this up so that subtitle gets turn on when audio language is not english?

It seems like you need to manually need to set it up for each language...
(2015-04-10, 01:27)madmax2 Wrote: how to set this up so that subtitle gets turn on when audio language is not english?

Try reversing your strategy.

Start playing a video, pull up the on-screen controls, and open the language and audio settings for the video. Enable English subtitles. Set as default for all videos. This should enable English subtitles for all videos that have any, regardless of audio language.

Now go into LPM and make sure to enable the setting to turn off subtitles for matched settings. Now go to the Conditional Subtitle Preferences tab. Be sure to turn on the "enable preference" setting. Finally, set "If audio language is English then display subtitles with language None"

Now, assuming nothing has strangely named audio or subtitle tracks, every audio language except English will have English subtitles. You can use tags in the file names to fix any problematic videos that won't work with this method.
(2015-04-10, 02:24)flamepanther Wrote:
(2015-04-10, 01:27)madmax2 Wrote: how to set this up so that subtitle gets turn on when audio language is not english?

Try reversing your strategy.

Start playing a video, pull up the on-screen controls, and open the language and audio settings for the video. Enable English subtitles. Set as default for all videos. This should enable English subtitles for all videos that have any, regardless of audio language.

Now go into LPM and make sure to enable the setting to turn off subtitles for matched settings. Now go to the Conditional Subtitle Preferences tab. Be sure to turn on the "enable preference" setting. Finally, set "If audio language is English then display subtitles with language None"

Now, assuming nothing has strangely named audio or subtitle tracks, every audio language except English will have English subtitles. You can use tags in the file names to fix any problematic videos that won't work with this method.

Thanks
that sounds like a good idea

I will give it a try

It would be good if this addon added, "IS NOT" to the custom preference
Does this addon work with external subtitles like a .srt file named "videofilename.de.srt" Huh
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Language Preference Manager2