• 6(current)
Metropolis 2.6.3 for Frodo released
I think I have a bug that nobody has reported as yet. If they have, or if the answer is somewhere else, I apologize.

On the main screen, I had (stressing "had") a "Settings" icon. (I'm using icon view for Metropolis.) Within it, there was a submenu called "Metropolis", inside which, you could set the different icons for use on the Home Screen. Before, this option (Metropolis) was found inside "Settings" as well. Well, now, to the best of my knowledge, it isn't.

Here's where the bug occurs. I don't want "Settings" on my main screen, as I have kids, and don't want them to change the settings. So, I removed it. (I clicked down on "Settings", clicked on "Metropolis" went to choose icons to have/not have, and deselected "Settings" so it no longer appears on the Home Screen.) Here's my problem. I can no longer choose the icons that appear on the home screen. I do not have a "Metropolis" choice ANYWHERE inside the "Settings" options, whereas it used to appear inside "Appearance".

Is this something that can be fixed? Does this option appear anywhere else, and maybe I have missed it?

Thanks, in advance!

EDIT: OMG, I DID MISS IT. Sorry to anyone reading the above - but if you go to "Settings", "Appearance", in the "Skin" menu, there's a selection called "Settings" under the "Skin/Metropolis" label. I didn't realize it was clickable. So sorry for the wasted post! Thanks again for all the hard work!!!
Yeah, that changed with Frodo :)
(2013-04-04, 16:29)jingai Wrote: Yeah, that changed with Frodo Smile

I knew The One Ring somehow had something nefarious to do with it. Wink

Thanks again.
Just want to say thank you for an awesome skin. Coming from Aeon Nox (which was very unstable for me) I had high standards and Metropolis is both beautiful and rock solid stable.
Keep it up!
Hi Jingai

I was wondering if you could find space to add TV show status to the info screen for TV shows? If possible that would be great!

Cheers
The Bebas font does not contain certain international characters, which causes the OSD to display read "F☐rdig" instead of "Færdig" when using Danish localization.

Is there an easy way to override the font for the OSD?
(2013-06-06, 19:43)technomonkey Wrote: I was wondering if you could find space to add TV show status to the info screen for TV shows? If possible that would be great!

By "status," what do you mean exactly? When the show will next air? If so, Metropolis does support the "TV Show - Next Aired" addon.

(2013-06-07, 10:39)bluntman Wrote: The Bebas font does not contain certain international characters, which causes the OSD to display read "F☐rdig" instead of "Færdig" when using Danish localization.

Is there an easy way to override the font for the OSD?

Not an easy way, no. You could replace the font yourself in the skin folder on-disk if you want, though. I just can't promise it won't make other things look wrong.
(2013-06-08, 16:59)jingai Wrote:
(2013-06-06, 19:43)technomonkey Wrote: I was wondering if you could find space to add TV show status to the info screen for TV shows? If possible that would be great!

By "status," what do you mean exactly? When the show will next air? If so, Metropolis does support the "TV Show - Next Aired" addon.

[

Hi jingai

I use next aired which is great but by status I mean if the shows "canceled/ended" "returning series" etc. I know some skins like aeon nox for example have this info and I find it really handy. I was thinking you could have it on the info screen. Maybe at the bottom of the info like where the rating is on movie info? Or anywhere you think it can fit, really. Possibly an option to toggle it for people that aren't keen.

Hopefully it wont be to much trouble.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
(2013-06-08, 19:03)technomonkey Wrote:
(2013-06-08, 16:59)jingai Wrote:

I use next aired which is great but by status I mean if the shows "canceled/ended" "returning series" etc. I know some skins like aeon nox for example have this info and I find it really handy. I was thinking you could have it on the info screen. Maybe at the bottom of the info like where the rating is on movie info? Or anywhere you think it can fit, really. Possibly an option to toggle it for people that aren't keen.

Ah, I see. I'll add it.
Nice one!

Thanks
Great idea, thanks for adding this in the future..
Not ignoring you guys. Just have been very busy lately. It'll happen eventually.
Ok so I finally had some time to look at what was bugging me about this. Basically, while the nextaired plugin is updating it causes a lot of flickering in the top info. On my system (with a ton of TV shows) this takes long enough to annoy me.

The updating didn't cause as much flicker before because for shows that didn't have any info, it just didn't print anything at all. Now cycling through shows prints something pretty much all the time. With the text being different for each show, and also differing while the plugin itself is updating, it makes it look... cheesy, IMHO.

But, I don't use this plugin anyway, so it doesn't matter much to me. If you guys really want this, I can include it.

I'd appreciate it if someone could try this patch (and live with it for about a week, to make sure it's not overtly annoying as shows pop up):

Code:
diff --git a/720p/Includes.xml b/720p/Includes.xml
index e0ae9f7..2d70612 100644
--- a/720p/Includes.xml
+++ b/720p/Includes.xml
@@ -229,8 +229,10 @@
                        <include>Global_NextAired</include>
                        <posx>0</posx>
                        <posy>-7</posy>
-                       <!--<include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>-->
-                       <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.Label)) + [Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons) | [Container.Content(Episodes)]] + !IsEmpty
+                       <include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
+                       <visible>Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons) | Container.Content(Episodes)</visible>
+                       <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="0" delay="300">Visible</animation>
+                       <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0">Hidden</animation>
                        <control type="label">
                                <posx>0</posx>
                                <posy>0</posy>
@@ -239,7 +241,7 @@
                                <align>center</align>
                                <aligny>center</aligny>
                                <font>font-20</font>
-                               <label>[COLOR=GlobalHeading]$LOCALIZE[31427]:[/COLOR] $INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextTitle)][CR]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.AirTime
+                               <label>$VAR[TVShowStatusVar]</label>
                        </control>
                </control>
        </include>
diff --git a/720p/Includes_Variables.xml b/720p/Includes_Variables.xml
index 058b6ed..d2e97af 100644
--- a/720p/Includes_Variables.xml
+++ b/720p/Includes_Variables.xml
@@ -192,4 +192,8 @@
                <value condition="IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Year) + [!IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Artist) | !IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Album)] + VideoPlayer.Content(MusicVideos)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Artist,
                <value condition="!IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Tagline) + !VideoPlayer.Content(MusicVideos)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Tagline]</value>
        </variable>
+       <variable name="TVShowStatusVar">
+               <value condition="!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate))">[COLOR=GlobalHeading]$LOCALIZE[31427]:[/COLOR] $INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextTitle)][
+               <value>[COLOR=GlobalHeading]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.Status)][/COLOR]</value>
+       </variable>
</includes>
diff --git a/language/English/strings.po b/language/English/strings.po
index c7c648e..546b7fc 100644
--- a/language/English/strings.po
+++ b/language/English/strings.po
@@ -928,6 +928,10 @@ msgctxt "#31470"
msgid "Prefer ClearLogo to ClearArt"
msgstr ""

+msgctxt "#31471"
+msgid "Ended"
+msgstr ""
+
#empty strings from id 31471 to 31599
#PVR Resources
(2013-07-04, 05:42)jingai Wrote: Ok so I finally had some time to look at what was bugging me about this. Basically, while the nextaired plugin is updating it causes a lot of flickering in the top info. On my system (with a ton of TV shows) this takes long enough to annoy me.

The updating didn't cause as much flicker before because for shows that didn't have any info, it just didn't print anything at all. Now cycling through shows prints something pretty much all the time. With the text being different for each show, and also differing while the plugin itself is updating, it makes it look... cheesy, IMHO.

But, I don't use this plugin anyway, so it doesn't matter much to me. If you guys really want this, I can include it.

I'd appreciate it if someone could try this patch (and live with it for about a week, to make sure it's not overtly annoying as shows pop up):

Code:
diff --git a/720p/Includes.xml b/720p/Includes.xml
index e0ae9f7..2d70612 100644
--- a/720p/Includes.xml
+++ b/720p/Includes.xml
@@ -229,8 +229,10 @@
                        <include>Global_NextAired</include>
                        <posx>0</posx>
                        <posy>-7</posy>
-                       <!--<include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>-->
-                       <visible>!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.Label)) + [Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons) | [Container.Content(Episodes)]] + !IsEmpty
+                       <include>Window_OpenClose_Animation</include>
+                       <visible>Container.Content(TVShows) | Container.Content(Seasons) | Container.Content(Episodes)</visible>
+                       <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="0" delay="300">Visible</animation>
+                       <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="0">Hidden</animation>
                        <control type="label">
                                <posx>0</posx>
                                <posy>0</posy>
@@ -239,7 +241,7 @@
                                <align>center</align>
                                <aligny>center</aligny>
                                <font>font-20</font>
-                               <label>[COLOR=GlobalHeading]$LOCALIZE[31427]:[/COLOR] $INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextTitle)][CR]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.AirTime
+                               <label>$VAR[TVShowStatusVar]</label>
                        </control>
                </control>
        </include>
diff --git a/720p/Includes_Variables.xml b/720p/Includes_Variables.xml
index 058b6ed..d2e97af 100644
--- a/720p/Includes_Variables.xml
+++ b/720p/Includes_Variables.xml
@@ -192,4 +192,8 @@
                <value condition="IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Year) + [!IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Artist) | !IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Album)] + VideoPlayer.Content(MusicVideos)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Artist,
                <value condition="!IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Tagline) + !VideoPlayer.Content(MusicVideos)">$INFO[VideoPlayer.Tagline]</value>
        </variable>
+       <variable name="TVShowStatusVar">
+               <value condition="!IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextDate))">[COLOR=GlobalHeading]$LOCALIZE[31427]:[/COLOR] $INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.NextTitle)][
+               <value>[COLOR=GlobalHeading]$INFO[Window(Home).Property(NextAired.Status)][/COLOR]</value>
+       </variable>
</includes>
diff --git a/language/English/strings.po b/language/English/strings.po
index c7c648e..546b7fc 100644
--- a/language/English/strings.po
+++ b/language/English/strings.po
@@ -928,6 +928,10 @@ msgctxt "#31470"
msgid "Prefer ClearLogo to ClearArt"
msgstr ""

+msgctxt "#31471"
+msgid "Ended"
+msgstr ""
+
#empty strings from id 31471 to 31599
#PVR Resources

Hi Jingai.

If you can explain to me how to use this patch I will test it out.

Cheers
Let's do it this way then. Download one of these archives and unpack it into the skin.metropolis directory.

If you're using the official 2.6.3 release, click here.

If you're using the nightlies (2.6.8 from Passion repo), click here.

I haven't actually tested the patch against 2.6.3, but it should work, I think.. Tongue
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metropolis 2.6.3 for Frodo released2