XBMC 12.0 Frodo: available now
Congratulations!
Congrats!!! my Raspberry says THANKS!!! too. Big Grin
Great! Contratulations!

2 quick questions:
  1. Were there any changes between the Release Candidate and the final release?
  2. Are there any special procedures to upgrade from Release Candidate to final release?

Thanks again. Good work.
(2013-01-31, 05:59)infinitemonkeys Wrote: Great! Contratulations!

2 quick questions:
  1. Were there any changes between the Release Candidate and the final release?
  2. Are there any special procedures to upgrade from Release Candidate to final release?

Thanks again. Good work.

1. Yes, but fixes

2. Sometimes, see Frodo FAQ (wiki).
Awesome! Upgraded last night from Eden.
So far so good! I see some "candy" already,..but didn't have time to play.
Great Work!!!
Thank you Thank you Thank you installed and working like a charm.
I think that was the most painless update that I've ever done: there was absolutely no negative changes in the functionality, all add-ins updated quickly and effortlessly, and I could immediately "feel" the difference in the overall performance. Thank you to the XBMC team for all of your hard work!
(2013-01-31, 19:48)coffejor Wrote: I think that was the most painless update that I've ever done: there was absolutely no negative changes in the functionality, all add-ins updated quickly and effortlessly, and I could immediately "feel" the difference in the overall performance. Thank you to the XBMC team for all of your hard work!

Glad to hear for some it went without a problem
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
XBMC forever! Thanks to all of you. You make my HTPC and myself very happy. All box soloutions can lie down and R.I.P. Smile
Nvidia Shield 2017
Kodi 20.3
One big WAUW!

I already was very statisfied with Eden, but Frodi is also awesome.

Update went like a dream, and Frodo runs super smooth! XBMC forever.
Thanks you all who contributed on this project!
TOP JOB Guys!!

Keep up the great work! Much appreciated!!

ArsenalFC
Thumbs Up 
Great work! Congratulations!

I have used the RC2 / RC3 before and one thing was strange after upgrading to final:
It took very long to start frodo after installation 30-40 seconds blank screen),
also the exit command took quite a while before xbmc closes. I have no idea what
the cause was. I could repeat this behavior several times and was thinking, there is
something wrong with the release.

However after a reboot, xbmc starts up and ends as fast as ever with the RC versions
(I am running xbmc on Windows7 pro x64)

Seems a reboot is somewhat necessary after the upgrade...

Anyway. Well done folks!
does xbmc support windoes 64 bit
Upgraded from Eden.. but didn't remove userdata folder... on windows 7 Ultimate 64bit... Frodo never came up.. just black screen... tried several times and even rebooted a few times too.. nothing.. so I uninstalled it, and removed the "userdata" folder and reinstalled it.. and voila... it finally started!
(2013-02-01, 18:34)sohan093007 Wrote: does xbmc support windoes 64 bit

Yep. Win 7 x64 and Win 8 x64. But it is not a 64 bit program, just runs fine as 32 bit on those systems.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 12.0 Frodo: available now3