Can the Music Player Run in the Background?
Other music/media players on the android platform have a "background service" option so you can listen to music while multitasking in another app and I don't seem to be up to find that option so I thought I'd come to this forum and ask?

If is not currently available I would be grateful if somebody would tell me so I could then change this thread to the requested feature section.

Thanks
Not currently supported. Thread moved to feature requests.
Hey at least this will be available soon on ios - thx to ulion Big Grin https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2130
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
On android you can only make use of the background music stuff if you can run the music player in a seperate service which would require xbmc's music player to work outside of xbmc which is a long way off AFAICT.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2013-01-30, 06:41)Ned Scott Wrote: Not currently supported. Thread moved to feature requests.

(2013-01-30, 12:19)Memphiz Wrote: Hey at least this will be available soon on ios - thx to ulion Big Grin https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2130

Wow that sounds like a lot of work but I guess it will be worth it , if only I knew how long it would take to come onto the android platform as I'm really enjoying using this software.

(2013-01-30, 12:32)Montellese Wrote: On android you can only make use of the background music stuff if you can run the music player in a seperate service which would require xbmc's music player to work outside of xbmc which is a long way off AFAICT.

shame on the timescale but I think it will be worth this media centres time as I believe that android took 70% of the phone market last year and my desktop OS friends have been raving about this software for years, now I see what all the fuss was about!
(2013-01-30, 12:32)Montellese Wrote: ... which is a long way off AFAICT.

damn. I just loaded up XBMC on my TF300 and want this also. It gets streaming SMB over the network perfect and kicks winamp for android in the ass. Really I wish there was a standalone XMBCamp for android.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can the Music Player Run in the Background?0