Can not record and watch live TV simultaneously
Hi,

I've a mythbuntu 12.04 PC setup. I wish to use the xbmc frontend in place of the mythtv frontend. I'm using the 1.6.7 release of the cmyth plugin.

I have a dual USB tuner which works fine in myth for record and watching live TV. However, when I use XBMC to schedule a recording I can not then watch a second TV program.

Any pointers as to what could be wrong? Is this likely to be an XBMC issue or myth backend issue?

Cheers

Mike
Try and schedule a show with mythweb. While it is recording try and watch tv using XBMC.

Using mythfrontend can you record one show and watch another?
Hi thanks for the quick reply.

I have scheduled a single show in myth web interface. Records no problem.

Load XBMC, can only watch live TV of the show being recorded.

I can add a second recording in mythweb, when I load XBMC I can see two shows being recorded. I can't watch either using live TV view, however going to recordings I can watch either show.

So XBMC can clearly see that there are two tuners, but when a show is recording I can only use the second tuner to watch live TV of the recording show. I'm almost certain it is an XBMC bug.

Any suggestions?
this is related to the bug being discussed here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152511&page=2

XBMC always chooses the tuner with the best priority setting for scheduler when starting live tv (rather than the tuner with the best priority setting for live tv like myth frontend would).

If a recording is in progress on that tuner xbmc can only view the channel being recorded.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can not record and watch live TV simultaneously0