Logitech Z515 USB Wireless Speakers No Longer Work
Hello-

I have XBMC installed on a Windows 7 PC hooked up to my main TV. Normally I use my surround sound connected via 3.5mm connector to this PC. Sometimes though I need to get up and do something else, such as cleaning dishes or making dinner. Instead of cranking the volume I plug in my USB wireless adapter for my Logitech Z515 speakers and bring the speakers with me. Now with version 11 of XBMC this would work fine except for the occasional disconnect that required me to unplug/plug the receiver to reset the connection. However, with the new version, Frodo 12, I cannot get the audio from XBMC to go to the USB Wireless Speakers. The sound continues to go through the 3.5mm connection. I checked the windows 7 sound settings and the Z5151 speakers are set as the default audio playback device and other apps such as VLC play through the Z515 speakers just fine. Anyone have any ideas or had this problem before? Right now I have gone back to version 11 and it is working again, but I do not want to be stuck on this version to keep these speakers.
Nobody has any idea? Not even a place to start or a duh look over here you n00b? Please I need help with this.
When you say "cannot get the audio from XBMC to go to the USB Wireless Speakers", are you expecting this to happen automatically? are you manually changing the Audio Output Device in the Audio Output settings to select the new USB device?
Yes I am expecting it to switch automatically to the USB speakers when plugged in, because with v11 it did that flawlessly. I have tried closing XBMC plugging in the USB receiver, manually checking to make sure the audio output is set to the z515, and then starting XBMC. Nothing I have tried so far has fixed it in v12.

Thank you for responding.

I should also mention that when I take the above steps other sounds from windows and VLC playing a movie file have no problem using the USB speakers.

Again thank you for your time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Z515 USB Wireless Speakers No Longer Work0