HTPC build advice.
Hi everyone,

I'm currently a WDTV Live Hub owner, but i'm fed up with the pain of trying to get it to display as i wish.

I want to create a HTPC for XBMC, my usage will be viewing content stored on either an internal drive or one attached via USB, this content must also be accessable via my home network 24/7.

My viewing will be almost entirely 720p and 1080p MKV's including 3D (side by side). To be able to stream football from the internet would also be a bonus.

Things that are important to me are that I would like to keep power consumption as low as possible because it will be on 24/7 acting as a NAS but i would also like to keep electricity costs down.

I have been looking at the various A6, Celeron, i3, Android builds etc but the last thing i want is to over-spec. I'm confident in building pc's so would hapilly build one my self.

So a quick roundup, HDMI out,1080p MKV's, 3D MKV's (side bye side 1080p), True-HD and DTS-HD. be able to run the Aeon Skin, low power, preferably under £200.

I've been looking at the Acer Revo l70's which are around £180 in the uk, would this be sufficient?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as i know i've asked quite lot.
take a look at my htpcs - they are overspec for what you're looking for but change cpu for a g540 and you're good to go Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC build advice.0