• 17(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Ok, thanks.
I am holding off on Gotham as I believe it breaks PseudoTV..
Once they update that, I will install Gotham again and check out the 'activatescreensaver'.
Until then, I'll just wait the minute for it to kick in.
Wink
Hi folks

Love this add on but. I have tested this a few times now and I've noticed that any new photos you copy into the folder set as images screensaver don't ever show on the screensaver.

I changed the screensaver back to none then reset to folder. No new ones ever appear.

Any ideas ?

Appreciate it.
(2013-10-23, 11:44)butcheroo Wrote: Hi folks

Love this add on but. I have tested this a few times now and I've noticed that any new photos you copy into the folder set as images screensaver don't ever show on the screensaver.

I changed the screensaver back to none then reset to folder. No new ones ever appear.

Any ideas ?

Appreciate it.

you can do two things:

1) disable the 'cache' option in the addon settings
2) hit 'refresh cache' in addon settings

the cache option is useful if you have many images or images are stored on a remote share.
in those cases, the screensaver will start quicker with the cache option enabled.
the downside is, as you've noticed, it doesn't pick up new images automatically.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
For those looking for an auto-refresh or auto-update solution for the slideshow there is a very easy (although I'm sure it will make programmers cringe) solution.

My wife wanted to have a photo booth at a house party with the new pictures automatically added to the slideshow as they were taken. Photos taken with the DSLR get saved via wifi directly to the computer running xbmc in the folder the slideshow is using.

In the gui.py file, at the end of the for loop in the _start_show function I added items = self._get_items()

So after each slideshow run it will create the list of images again, adding in any new photos that may have been taken.

I then realized lots of pictures may get taken so it could take a while for the new ones to show up in the slideshow. So I added a bit before the for loop to only use the last 10 items in the image list:

Code:
if len(items) > 10:
     newitems = items[-10:]
else:
     newitems = items
for img in newitems:.....

Dirty hack but it got the job done. Make sure cache and random are off.
Hi All - sorry if this is covered somewhere in the last 25 pages, I went back about 7-8 pages and could not find anything.

The issue I'm having is that the screen saver is coming on just fine, but when I press a key again to exit the screen saver, the most recent image continues panning for about 5-10 seconds before it finally lets me go back to the XBMC interface. It seems to vary, but the moment I press a key i can see XBMC come up in the background behind the image (since the image is panned, it is no longer filling the screen), but cannot do anything until the image goes away fully.
(2013-11-04, 02:30)shortskoolbus Wrote: Hi All - sorry if this is covered somewhere in the last 25 pages, I went back about 7-8 pages and could not find anything.

The issue I'm having is that the screen saver is coming on just fine, but when I press a key again to exit the screen saver, the most recent image continues panning for about 5-10 seconds before it finally lets me go back to the XBMC interface. It seems to vary, but the moment I press a key i can see XBMC come up in the background behind the image (since the image is panned, it is no longer filling the screen), but cannot do anything until the image goes away fully.

i've seen it happen a few times. not sure how / why it happens.
i can't easily reproduce it either.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hmm interesting. Seems to happen to me every time. Guess it's not a common issue.
(2013-11-04, 22:11)shortskoolbus Wrote: Hmm interesting. Seems to happen to me every time. Guess it's not a common issue.

could you enable debuglogging in xbmc and pastebin a logfile of the issue?
(2013-11-04, 22:12)ronie Wrote:
(2013-11-04, 22:11)shortskoolbus Wrote: Hmm interesting. Seems to happen to me every time. Guess it's not a common issue.

could you enable debuglogging in xbmc and pastebin a logfile of the issue?

Will do
Here's the debug log - http://pastebin.com/qPexkyHT

Actually, this time it crashed XBMC once it tried to quit the screen saver. It's happened a few times before also. It has the X in the middle, then you see the XBMC/frodo logo and XBMC boots back up again. Doesn't always crash XBMC, but has a few times.

Does this have something to do with the problem?

Quote:17:44:33 T:140204584765248 ERROR: XBPyThread:Confusedtop - script /storage/.xbmc/addons/.xbmc.slideshow/default.py didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it
Can't see the album cover on Music Info, should i configure something ?

Thanks,
Pacooka
(2013-11-27, 18:35)pacooka Wrote: Can't see the album cover on Music Info, should i configure something ?

Thanks,
Pacooka

thanx for the report!
i'll fix that.
I searched this whole thread and did not see this in there. Maybe I'm blind..

Can we please, have a way of excluding folders from the screensaver? I have to maintain 2 Photo folders. One for XBMC and one that is unshared. I would do it if I know the first thing about coding.. but I am totally useless. Smile

Also, a way to possibly pause/go back? Sometimes we see a photo come up and we want to see it again. This happens when we let the TV sit too long and get mesmerized on the screensaver. Big Grin
(2013-12-12, 20:45)keencookie Wrote: Can we please, have a way of excluding folders from the screensaver? I have to maintain 2 Photo folders. One for XBMC and one that is unshared. I would do it if I know the first thing about coding.. but I am totally useless. Smile

guess i don't understand.. why don't you just select the xbmc folder then?
(2013-12-12, 20:45)keencookie Wrote: Also, a way to possibly pause/go back? Sometimes we see a photo come up and we want to see it again. This happens when we let the TV sit too long and get mesmerized on the screensaver. Big Grin

it's a screensaver... and screensavers usually exit as soon as you press a key or move your mouse. ;-)
Hi.
There is an option to show the filename or parent folder name when displaying the images for the screensaver. As the fanart is stored within a FANART folder within the individual movies folders and the actual filenames are just keys etc, it is not possible to actually show the name of the movie they represent. I often see screenshots/fanart of a movie when the screensaver is active but do not know what film it is etc and no way of finding out. Is it possible to have the name of the parents parent directory name instead to allow the movie folder name to display etc? (would that be a 'grandparent' folder? ;-))
Thanks.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4