• 24(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2014-10-31, 10:28)johannesoonk Wrote: A very good addon! Thanks! I have one issue with this addon: When I remove a picture of the folder, it still shows it. I use 2.0.7 and indexing is set to off, running on a rpi openelec. As I understood this should be off when you want to be flexible with the folder content.
I use it to show pictures but I want to change these now and then. So it would be great if it would check the folder each cycle if there were any updates. Or am I missing something?
Or does anyone have the code available to delete the index and thumbnails each cycle?

Thanks!

if you add/remove images while the screensaver is running, it will not pick up those changes.
you'll have to cancel and restart the screensaver for this.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks Ronie. If I'm correct I could add "items = self._get_items()" to the while loop to get an automatic update? Would this create problems with the database or refreshing the thumbnails?

To refresh the index while showing the last image I would alter the following code. Would this be correct?

# define next image
if cur_img == self.image1:
cur_img = self.image2
order = [2,1]
else:
items = self._get_items()
cur_img = self.image1
order = [1,2]
Hi Ronie I'm using Aeon Nox Gotham Plus (4.1.1.9)
(2014-11-01, 13:32)GTunney Wrote: Hi Ronie I'm using Aeon Nox Gotham Plus (4.1.1.9)

i think you'll have to ask the skin maintainer to update the skin.
some versions of aeon nox use their own slideshow screensaver window,
instead of the one provided by this addon.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I can't get it to work. I cannot use "items = self._get_items()" anywhere in the loop of def _start_show. When I put it on any place in the loop it gives an error on startup. Does anyone know how check the images automatically? Ronie, is it even possible?
(2014-11-03, 10:33)johannesoonk Wrote: I can't get it to work. I cannot use "items = self._get_items()" anywhere in the loop of def _start_show. When I put it on any place in the loop it gives an error on startup. Does anyone know how check the images automatically? Ronie, is it even possible?
i can't tell for sure unless i would try it myself (which i don't have time for)....
something like this may work:

Code:
while (not xbmc.abortRequested) and (not self.stop):
    for img in items:
    items = self._get_items()
Somehow it's not working anymore on Kodi (I think it was working yesterday, but I might be going slightly bananas). If I point the screensaver to a single folder with photos, it works, when I point it to a tree of folders with photos, I get a screensaver of video fanart. I have edited the screensaver to disable caching btw, but that wasn't an issue before.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2014-11-06, 20:59)Raytestrak Wrote: Somehow it's not working anymore on Kodi (I think it was working yesterday, but I might be going slightly bananas). If I point the screensaver to a single folder with photos, it works, when I point it to a tree of folders with photos, I get a screensaver of video fanart. I have edited the screensaver to disable caching btw, but that wasn't an issue before.

make sure you're using the latest version (v2.0.8) of the screensaver.
That was it, thanks.
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
Is this supposed to work with an image plugin path? I've tried a few and haven't got any to work yet. The slideshow always falls back to showing video fanart.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2014-11-10, 00:30)Leopold Wrote: Is this supposed to work with an image plugin path? I've tried a few and haven't got any to work yet. The slideshow always falls back to showing video fanart.

nope.
Hi - is it just me, or has dimming stopped working? I've been using this screensaver on my main HTPC for over a year, set to video-fanart & to dim the screen by 50% ... a couple of days ago i noticed that the screen saver was not dimming anymore ... tried everything (inc. reinstalling) and no joy .... just installed it on my laptop (for which I usually don't need a screensaver) and dimming won't work either.

Any help? Did an update or something break this?

Extra info: i'm on the standard confluence skin.

UPDATE

Right ... I confirm this is only happening with 1.0.7 ... installed 1.0.6 from your post below .... and it works fine ... reinstalled 1.0.7 and again no dimming. BTW like the dim all screen thing Smile

(2014-10-14, 22:19)ronie Wrote: yep, makes sense to dim the entire screen.

should be implemented in:
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/screensav...-1.0.6.zip

feel free to take it for a test spin.
(2014-11-10, 09:03)SniperZoz Wrote: Hi - is it just me, or has dimming stopped working? I've been using this screensaver on my main HTPC for over a year, set to video-fanart & to dim the screen by 50% ... a couple of days ago i noticed that the screen saver was not dimming anymore ... tried everything (inc. reinstalling) and no joy .... just installed it on my laptop (for which I usually don't need a screensaver) and dimming won't work either.

Any help? Did an update or something break this?

yup, it's broken in v1.0.7 indeed.
i've pushed v1.0.8 to the addon repo a moment ago,
so you should receive an update that fixes it within the next day.
Will give it a go and update... thanks.

Does this update include the dim all screen feature?
(2014-11-10, 20:06)SniperZoz Wrote: Will give it a go and update... thanks.

Does this update include the dim all screen feature?

yes it does :-)
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4