[Release] Picture Slideshow Screensaver

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
chumaj001 Offline
Hello, all of a sudden with new update (latest nigtlie and even RC3) the slideshow stopped showing pictures from sub directories. Is it a known bug?
find quote
ronie Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2014-12-16 21:30)chumaj001 Wrote:  Hello, all of a sudden with new update (latest nigtlie and even RC3) the slideshow stopped showing pictures from sub directories. Is it a known bug?

there was a bug in older version of the screensaver.
make sure you're using v2.0.10

Always read the Kodi online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find quote
richardb70 Offline
(2014-12-08 02:55)ronie Wrote:  that script.video.F4mProxy addon is doing some silly things that break the screensaver addon.
your only option is to get rid of it.

Hi Ronie,

I too fell foul to this issue recently. I'm a coder, but not in Python unfortunately, and I was trying to work out why your add-on is trying to import resources from a different add-on. Couldn't work it out, but it was late and I have kids so I'm permanently tired Smile. Can you explain how this could happen, and if there's a simple way to "contain" your imports so both add-ons can co-exist?

Many thanks in advance. Great screensaver, by the way.
find quote
ronie Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2014-12-22 14:44)richardb70 Wrote:  
(2014-12-08 02:55)ronie Wrote:  that script.video.F4mProxy addon is doing some silly things that break the screensaver addon.
your only option is to get rid of it.

Hi Ronie,

I too fell foul to this issue recently. I'm a coder, but not in Python unfortunately, and I was trying to work out why your add-on is trying to import resources from a different add-on. Couldn't work it out, but it was late and I have kids so I'm permanently tired Smile. Can you explain how this could happen, and if there's a simple way to "contain" your imports so both add-ons can co-exist?

Many thanks in advance. Great screensaver, by the way.

i can't be of much help i'm afraid. as already said, the issue is the script.video.F4mProxy addon.

the fix is that the addon needs to expose all the libraries it provides under 1 unique name,
and not provide a handful of libraries under very common names.

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
find quote
chumaj001 Offline
(2014-12-16 23:26)ronie Wrote:  
(2014-12-16 21:30)chumaj001 Wrote:  Hello, all of a sudden with new update (latest nigtlie and even RC3) the slideshow stopped showing pictures from sub directories. Is it a known bug?

there was a bug in older version of the screensaver.
make sure you're using v2.0.10

Well, now in Helix 14 it shows video fanart instead of pictures from selected folder Smile
find quote
ronie Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(Yesterday 18:34)chumaj001 Wrote:  Well, now in Helix 14 it shows video fanart instead of pictures from selected folder Smile

if you'll post a Debug Log on xbmclogs.com i'll have a look.

find quote