[Release] Picture Slideshow Screensaver

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
chumaj001 Offline
Hello, all of a sudden with new update (latest nigtlie and even RC3) the slideshow stopped showing pictures from sub directories. Is it a known bug?
find quote
ronie Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2014-12-16 21:30)chumaj001 Wrote:  Hello, all of a sudden with new update (latest nigtlie and even RC3) the slideshow stopped showing pictures from sub directories. Is it a known bug?

there was a bug in older version of the screensaver.
make sure you're using v2.0.10

Always read the Kodi online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find quote
richardb70 Offline
(2014-12-08 02:55)ronie Wrote:  that script.video.F4mProxy addon is doing some silly things that break the screensaver addon.
your only option is to get rid of it.

Hi Ronie,

I too fell foul to this issue recently. I'm a coder, but not in Python unfortunately, and I was trying to work out why your add-on is trying to import resources from a different add-on. Couldn't work it out, but it was late and I have kids so I'm permanently tired Smile. Can you explain how this could happen, and if there's a simple way to "contain" your imports so both add-ons can co-exist?

Many thanks in advance. Great screensaver, by the way.
find quote
ronie Offline
Team-Kodi Member
(2014-12-22 14:44)richardb70 Wrote:  
(2014-12-08 02:55)ronie Wrote:  that script.video.F4mProxy addon is doing some silly things that break the screensaver addon.
your only option is to get rid of it.

Hi Ronie,

I too fell foul to this issue recently. I'm a coder, but not in Python unfortunately, and I was trying to work out why your add-on is trying to import resources from a different add-on. Couldn't work it out, but it was late and I have kids so I'm permanently tired Smile. Can you explain how this could happen, and if there's a simple way to "contain" your imports so both add-ons can co-exist?

Many thanks in advance. Great screensaver, by the way.

i can't be of much help i'm afraid. as already said, the issue is the script.video.F4mProxy addon.

the fix is that the addon needs to expose all the libraries it provides under 1 unique name,
and not provide a handful of libraries under very common names.

Always read the Kodi online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
find quote