• 29(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
Suppose it's running a Slideshow on a certain folder, and you delete/add images. Will the Slideshow understand those changes while running?
(2015-02-04, 08:07)redraw Wrote: Suppose it's running a Slideshow on a certain folder, and you delete/add images. Will the Slideshow understand those changes while running?

nope.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I wonder why it isn't possible :/
even in the built-in Slideshow...................
it's a basic feature (conceptually) !
Why do you think it is difficult to implement?

What do you think about this start-up solution? -> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=20104
I'm not sure if an infinite loop inside autoexec.py would be a good idea
(2015-02-05, 09:33)redraw Wrote: Why do you think it is difficult to implement?
threading + timing would make the addon code a lot more complicated than it is now

(2015-02-05, 09:33)redraw Wrote: What do you think about this start-up solution? -> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=20104

that script will do a fresh directory scan after all images have been displayed.
it can take a long time to get a list of all the images in a directory, especially if your images are on a smb share and/or if you've got thousands of images in one folder.
during this period, the slideshow will keep displaying the last image.
since we use slide animations, the picture will probably slide off screen and you're stuck with a complete black screen for some time.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Is there a possibiliy to add a clock to the screensaver?
(2015-02-15, 17:05)Cyndane Wrote: Is there a possibiliy to add a clock to the screensaver?
A static image of a clock deafeats the point of a "screensaver". Wink
(2015-02-15, 18:27)DrJogalog Wrote:
(2015-02-15, 17:05)Cyndane Wrote: Is there a possibiliy to add a clock to the screensaver?

And the static Image of a cd-cover does not?If u listen to a cd such an image could stay for 40 min up to 2 hours.
It´s a grate addon but i think with an included clock this Add-On would be a perfect digital photo frame solution.
(2015-02-15, 23:36)Cyndane Wrote:
(2015-02-15, 18:27)DrJogalog Wrote:

And the static Image of a cd-cover does not?If u listen to a cd such an image could stay for 40 min up to 2 hours.
It´s a grate addon but i think with an included clock this Add-On would be a perfect digital photo frame solution.

This is a slideshow of pictures screensaver, not a picture of a CD.
(2014-12-16, 23:26)ronie Wrote:
(2014-12-16, 21:30)chumaj001 Wrote: Hello, all of a sudden with new update (latest nigtlie and even RC3) the slideshow stopped showing pictures from sub directories. Is it a known bug?

there was a bug in older version of the screensaver.
make sure you're using v2.0.10

I loaded v2.0.11, but it does not show any Video Fanart or Music Fanart for me. All I get is a bunch of circles going around in a larger circle. If I select a folder, the resolution is terrible.

What am I doing wrong?
I was redoing my kodi settings and now I've noticed that I can not longer select a network folder from my nas to display pictures. Was this removed in the latest build....if so how do I get back to an older build.
(2015-02-24, 14:20)rockcjc Wrote: I was redoing my kodi settings and now I've noticed that I can not longer select a network folder from my nas to display pictures. Was this removed in the latest build....if so how do I get back to an older build.

first go to the pictures section and add your share there.
it will then show up as a selectable location in the addon settings.
(2015-02-24, 14:44)ronie Wrote:
(2015-02-24, 14:20)rockcjc Wrote: I was redoing my kodi settings and now I've noticed that I can not longer select a network folder from my nas to display pictures. Was this removed in the latest build....if so how do I get back to an older build.

first go to the pictures section and add your share there.
it will then show up as a selectable location in the addon settings.
You are the man. I am using plexbmc so makes sense why I hadn't done this step. I was able to get the folder back by restoring a backup of xbmc settings from my first install, pre plexbmc, when I had tried creating the photo library in kodi proper.

this is good to know in case I reset my settings again so I don't have to restore from an old backup.
Hi ,

Is it possible to rescan the directory for pictures by using a command line , so that we can schedule a task in crontab to do it ?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4