• 48(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2016-06-09, 18:25)kxb3292 Wrote: @Raytestrak
Edited: You are Right. The resolutionis indeed 1920*1200 and 16:10. The monitor is dell u2415.

I am hoping that there is a solution for this. Hopefully ronie will save my world again.

i can't see what you're seeing, so a screenshot of both options might help.

it's not entirely clear to me what you're after.
since you have a 16:10 monitor, your pictures will need to have a 16:10 aspect ratio as well if you want them to fill the screen
without anything being cropped, or black borders.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
hi ronie,

I think you answered my question but here are the snapshots

https://snag.gy/6CqbnF.jpg

https://snag.gy/sJkcdy.jpg

It seems that both picture resolution/monitor aspect ratio play a role. I also tried both options on a huge philips TV and did not have this issue.

I also tried to follow your suggestion to add more effects on the slideshow. So on the file gui.py i put the following effects list that you suggested (it seems the EFFECTLIST items here are the same as I have except for I have the if else block). Anyway I removed the if else block and just used the EFFECTLIST below

https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/screensav...py#L33-L42

but nothing really changed. I still only had three options (pan & zoom, cross fade, slide). Is it possible to have more than these options? Or have the add-on script randomly pick effects for different images etc?

Sincerely,
kxb3292
when you select pan & zoom in the addon settings,
the addon will randomly select an animation from the EFFECTLIST.

so you need to add whatever animation you want to the EFFECTLIST.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Okay great!

I will play with that !
Hi! I just upgraded to the last OSMC version and installed the last screensaver version but even in the expert mode I cannot find the index building option. Has it been removed?
yup, it will now automatically re-index the folder periodically when the screensaver is running.
(2016-06-12, 17:23)ronie Wrote: yup, it will now automatically re-index the folder periodically when the screensaver is running.
So that's why I'm seeing circles instead of my photos now. I have millions of photos on my NAS which takes a whole night to re-index. Please return the ability to start re-indexing manually only.
Thanks!!
I still can't get it to exclude pictures in a folder.
=/
@ronie

Hi ronie,

I have a couple of questions regarding the slideshow script that you helped me create. So I know that we can set it to look for pictures in a certain directory (primary) under settings itself but lets say that when KODI starts that primary directory is empty, can we make it load a custom picture/pictures from a different directory(secondary location) until we have some pictures in the primary directory location?

a) Sometimes it seems to display some low resolution circular dots when the pictures are not available in the primary location, how could I make it display my own picture/pictures while it waits to find the actual pictures in the primary location?

b) If doing number (a) is possible, can we make it switch to displaying pictures from this temporary location to the actual primary location once pictures become available there?

Thank you so much for time and response!

kxb3292
Interesting idea, I have tons of pictures on my NAS too, which are (or should be) available via a SMB share. Sometimes it's mounted, but not accesible (don't ask me why, it takes up to 15 minutes to be accesible sometimes). Point is, my screensaver kicks in after 3 minutes, but when the share isn't available, a fallback would be nice, since Kodi can't seem to recover when I try to exit the screensaver. I have to reset my mediacenter in order to get it running again (or wait until the share becomes accesible).
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
@Raytestrak, yes this would be a nice feature. I think something like this should do the trick
"""
Code:
def files_list(primary, secondary):
    while not (os.path.exists(primary) and os.listdir(primary)):
        if os.path.exists(secondary) and os.listdir(secondary):
            return os.listdir(secondary)
    return os.listdir(primary)
"""
but I don't really know where to add a logic like this. I even forked @ronie 's repository but it is kind of frustrating because I can't run this addon-script by itself without running it on kodi because of the XBMC dependency. I would really like to contribute to this add-on but I don't know how to tackle this issue.

I hope @ronie can add this feature, or help us configure this feature somehow. Just waiting for his response
(2016-06-27, 04:18)kxb3292 Wrote: @Raytestrak, yes this would be a nice feature. I think something like this should do the trick

Code:
def files_list(primary, secondary):
    while not (os.path.exists(primary) and os.listdir(primary)):
        if os.path.exists(secondary) and os.listdir(secondary):
            return os.listdir(secondary)
    return os.listdir(primary)
"""
but I don't really know where to add a logic like this. I even forked @ronie 's repository but it is kind of frustrating because I can't run this addon-script by itself without running it on kodi because of the XBMC dependency. I would really like to contribute to this add-on but I don't know how to tackle this issue.

I hope @ronie can add this feature, or help us configure this feature somehow. Just waiting for his response

It won't be so easy for me. I can see the mountpoint on my filesystem, I sometimes just can't access it (for a while).
CoreElec on a tn95 (s905x). Onkyo NR-656. Canton Movie CD-1000. LG 55B6V.

If it ain't broke: break it, fix it, repeat
(2016-05-29, 11:52)kxb3292 Wrote: Hi ronie,
So basically I am trying to set up a slideshow which can be aware of the newly added files and discard deleted files and display then without interruption.

If you need to specifically have kodi displaying random photos that you can add to a delete from, I found a different way around this using the SlideShow rather than the screen saver.
here:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2083001

This auto restarts the slideshow every 5 minutes, which picks up any changes in the folder(s).

DM
When in non-random mode, is there a way of getting the plugin to resume playing images from where it stopped before rather than to start from the beginning? Or, if not, to have it at least start at a random location rather then from the beginning in this case?
  • 48(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4