• 49(current)
Release Picture Slideshow Screensaver
(2016-09-17, 22:38)haggis79 Wrote: When in non-random mode, is there a way of getting the plugin to resume playing images from where it stopped before rather than to start from the beginning? Or, if not, to have it at least start at a random location rather then from the beginning in this case?

it's currently not possible, but i'll check if it's easy to add such an option.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie

Hi Ronie,

I have been running the script.picture.slideshow that you helped me create on a raspberry pi 3 model B. Some of my images are about 7 MB to 8 MB (2560 x 1440 )in size and I turned the debug logging on as you suggested and it seems like for these large images the script fails to allocate buffers properly. I have some questions as well.

1) can the script.picture.slideshow only handle images up to a certain resolution/dimension or size? is that why the buffer allocating is failing?
2) For these large image files, in certain monitors the images seem to be slightly zoomed and off of the screen.

How could we possibly fix the buffer allocation issue ?

I am linking the debug log file here for you to look at.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/23220488/

Thank you so much for your help!

Sincerely,
kxb3292
1) the script doesn't handle images, kodi does. the script only creates a simple picture playlist file and asks kodi to display the images one at a time.
i have no idea if there's a limitation on the pi, but for kodi it shouldn't matter.

2) if the resolution of the image doesn't match the resolution of the screen, then either parts of the image will be cropped, or black bars alongside the image will be shown.
it depends on whether you've enabled 'scale images fullscreen' in the screensaver settings
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@ronie,

Thank you for the answers. I have disabled 'scale images fullscreen', should this be enabled or disabled for best output/results?

sincerely,
kxb3292
depends on your personal preference.

if you enable 'scale image fullscreen' it will fill your entire screen with as much of the image as possible, the some parts my fall off the screen.

if scaling is off, the entire image will be shown on screen, but there may be black bars on each side if the picture resolution doesn't match the screen resolution.
okay. Thank you!

sincerely,
kxb3292
Hi , this plugin is really great !! Really realiable for now.

I'm currently displaying thousands of picture form an owncloud Webdav folder and it works great.

However We'd like to mix pictures from several webdav folders , is this something easy to do ?
(2016-09-24, 16:40)freechelmi Wrote: Hi , this plugin is really great !! Really realiable for now.

I'm currently displaying thousands of picture form an owncloud Webdav folder and it works great.

However We'd like to mix pictures from several webdav folders , is this something easy to do ?

it's currently not possible to select multiple folders, but i'll check if it's easy to add.
i've checked, but it's not possible to be able to select multiple folders in the settings of an addon.
once enabled the show file name option (folder/filename for example) is it possible to add a text scrolling option if folder/filename is long?
thank you
i've tried it, but it doesn't seem to work in this case.
Hi Ronie,

I really like the "Pan and zoom" mode, but unfortunately black borders become visible unless I use "Scale images fullscreen". However this is quite sub-optimal if e.g. a portrait picture is displayed on my landscape screen.

What comes to my mind would be a "Pan only" mode, which does nothing, when the aspect ratio fits, pans horizontally for pictures that are "wider" that the screen and pans vertically for pictures that are "taller" than the screen.

How difficult would it be to implemtent this?

Thanks
Diddle.
very difficult :-)

this addon basically just creates a playlist of images and hands it to kodi.
the addon itself has no idea about the dimensions our your images.
(2016-10-17, 15:14)ronie Wrote: very difficult :-)

this addon basically just creates a playlist of images and hands it to kodi.
the addon itself has no idea about the dimensions our your images.

Oh, that's really a pity, was hoping for an easy change. ;-)
So the transitions are created from code that does not have any access to the dimensions of the pictures it handles?
the transitions are defined in the addon, but the addon has no idea to which or (or dimensions) they're applied to.
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture Slideshow Screensaver4