ZBOX?
Well, I don't really get why a dual core 1.1 GHz CPU without hyper-threading should be 1.5x faster than ID80. Never ever I would exchange a ID80/84 for ID42.
first gen i3 was 4times faster than that times atom processors and 2times faster than that times Celerons so i see no reason why this one shouldn't kick some ass to Smile
(2013-01-31, 23:19)PatrickVogeli Wrote: I'd get the new ID42! A low voltage Core i3 paired with an Nvidia 610. That should be a very nice machine

(2013-02-01, 00:39)mobias1313 Wrote: They aren't for sale yet are they?

I don't believe the ID42 is available yet, at least in North America. I've been keeping an eye out for them Wink

Cheers,
Kermee

(2013-02-01, 19:11)FernetMenta Wrote: Well, I don't really get why a dual core 1.1 GHz CPU without hyper-threading should be 1.5x faster than ID80. Never ever I would exchange a ID80/84 for ID42.

An i3 against an Atom? Are you kidding? Wink
Quote:An i3 against an Atom? Are you kidding?

What makes you think ID42 has an i3? I just found articles stating it would be a Celeron 1.1 GHz.
Ahm.. ok, you are right that zotac doesn't say the proc name:
Intel Core Processor (dual-core, 1.1 GHz)

Anyway, I'll still get the unknown Core 1.1GHz proc against the atom...

I know it's not quite the same, but I have 2 machines: one with a Pentium su4100 (2x1.3GHz, no HT) and another with an Atom 330 (2x1.6GHz, with HT). Want to guess which one is much faster? The "slower" pentium is much faster in everything, and is very noticeable. Clock speed is not everything.

EDIT: with the numbers we have, it could be a celeron 847
(2013-02-02, 09:12)FernetMenta Wrote:
Quote:An i3 against an Atom? Are you kidding?

What makes you think ID42 has an i3? I just found articles stating it would be a Celeron 1.1 GHz.

A mobile celeron to IB so soon after the standard celerons where released?

(2013-02-02, 10:12)PatrickVogeli Wrote: Ahm.. ok, you are right that zotac doesn't say the proc name:
Intel Core Processor (dual-core, 1.1 GHz)

Anyway, I'll still get the unknown Core 1.1GHz proc against the atom...

I know it's not quite the same, but I have 2 machines: one with a Pentium su4100 (2x1.3GHz, no HT) and another with an Atom 330 (2x1.6GHz, with HT). Want to guess which one is much faster? The "slower" pentium is much faster in everything, and is very noticeable. Clock speed is not everything.

EDIT: with the numbers we have, it could be a celeron 847

Intel® NM70 Express so nowhere near a celeron 847 - this runs on an "actual" chipset based on IB.
It could how ever be a new gen mobile celeron/pentium/i3 for IB, and no matter what it is we all know these cpus to be very powerful and easily capable of xbmc - specially when you add the gt610 in to the equation..
I am not convinced Smile As already mentioned I have a ID81 with a Celeron 857. ID80 is a rocket compared to ID81.
That is due to the gpu(gt520), the d2700 is a crap cpu and has only been successful in some mid-range nas boxes.
The ID81 is much more powerful but lacks the dGPU and that kind of ruins it...
I would personally love to try out an ID80 against my ID81. I am really waiting for the ID83 to come out at this point. That one looks like it will be perfect for my needs in one of my rooms. Is decoding substantially better on the ID80? I am not going to run out and buy one because honestly I am just watching for a used i3 at this point to swap out the celeron from my ID81.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZBOX?0