Win [Frodo] Audio Locked when playing
Music 
When I have XBMC playing something, no other audio can be played on my computer (notifications, etc). Apparently XBMC locks the audio.

Is there a way I can disable this?
By using DirectSound (not WASAPI) or launching any external players from within XBMC. Letting XBMC idle for 10 sec should also release the control of WASAPI over the audio device, unless that has been broken recently.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2013-01-31, 14:47)DDDamian Wrote: By using DirectSound (not WASAPI) or launching any external players from within XBMC. Letting XBMC idle for 10 sec should also release the control of WASAPI over the audio device, unless that has been broken recently.

I have it set to DirectSound and it still seems to be a problem :/
Very odd, as DirectSound mixes any audio streams. It shouldn't be necessary, but have you disabled the Windows advanced setting "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"? See sticky in Windows support main thread for Frodo audio if you're not sure where that is.

Do you really want system sounds while using XBMC?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Frodo] Audio Locked when playing0