• 3(current)
HOW-TO setup streaming internet video/audio
(thebeast @ feb. 24 2004,09:51 Wrote:
(tricky76 @ feb. 24 2004,02:25 Wrote:why cant i get this to work?

mms://internetradio.cz/rmffm.asx

this is from the following website: http://www.rmf.fm/sluchaj.html

thanks
-tricky
open the asx, and extract the url within, use that in the .strm - then let us know if it still doesn't work.
how do i extract the url within?
look inside the asx file using notepad.
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| xbox1: v1.1, samsung dvd,120 gb hd,x-ecuter pro 2.2,xbmc
| xbox2: v1.2, phillips dvd, retail hd, tsop, avalaunch, xbmc
| xirremote, x2_4977, media center utils
great job!

will add some swedish radio stations when i have the time.

regards niclas
the ones from danish radio works.
http://212.50.185.86/talksport

any help getting that one running appreciated !

can paste it in ie, doesnt seem to like working in mediacenter.
(dash22 @ feb. 21 2004,19:10 Wrote:hi sorry for my litlle english, i love stream capacity of xbmc and xbox.

anyone have url for collect and make pack for stream(tv,video,radio)légal and compatible for xbox ?

i have make a topic here for understand concept and make a tvpack. if you want go and help the wolrd communauty of xbox to by happy!
go here, english tuto+packtv

tanks for develloppement of xbmc! bye
i love that you did this! please feel free to maintain an archive of all streams posted and to your knowledge! :-)

i may contact you later with some, if i don't find them, in your thread or archive Wink

p.s. is there any particular or special reason you think xbmc streaming is usefull for you, so much that you love it? :d
hmm i am still thinking about an online-database of the streams user can submit and rate new streams and xbmc can connect to and get all infos needed ofcourse.Smile
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
thebeast :
Quote:p.s. is there any particular or special reason you think xbmc streaming is usefull for you, so much that you love it?
im just passionate (by\for) new options on new technologie, i start with a commodore 16, c64, amiga,ataris st, etc.. etc..-----> xbox, and xbox is best of all. for a infinity of reason.

hullebulle
Quote:hmm i am still thinking about an online-database of the streams user can submit and rate new streams and xbmc can connect to and get all infos needed ofcourse.Smile
greate idea! i encourage you in this way. thanks you++ good luck!
bye. :lol:
all xbox & pc stream on streampack
bdd/xsp streampack : online
(hullebulle @ feb. 27 2004,00:36 Wrote:hmm i am still thinking about an online-database of the streams user can submit and rate new streams and xbmc can connect to and get all infos needed ofcourse.Smile
we could host as such page on our website/s and code xbmc interface if someone first writes a scripts, my asp skills are next to nothing
a script for people to upload strm's with comments and sort by name, catagory, language, date tested, etc. be nice
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
it would be good if we could upload txt files to posts that people could download to use!!!

question though, say you have 10 streams, could you enter all ten under file1, file2, file3, etc. and numberofentries=10. then using the skip forward\backwards button would it naviagte through the streams?

thanks robo
(robomonkey @ feb. 27 2004,16:49 Wrote:question though, say you have 10 streams, could you enter all ten under file1, file2, file3, etc. and numberofentries=10. then using the skip forward\backwards button would it naviagte through the streams?
i'm not sure (yet), but that will be usefull for some .asx that contain more links that have to be played in order, perhaps.
please ignore this 'false' bug report as i wrote it while i had not uploaded the win32 codec package from mplayer and this is why i had so many bugs...

so to all having troubles with their streams : make sure you have uploaded the codecs in the appropriate dir :-)

here is a copy of a 'bug report' already posted on source forge and linked to tv streaming

with 12.02.2004 build we had identified that some
streams worked (their name start with -- in the
package you can find on http://www.gueux.net) and the others would tend to hang up the xbox.

with latest build from today 27.02.2004, it seems to be
nearly the opposite : those streams that were buggy
(without --, for example wam tv from gb or zdf from
germany) now are watchable, wherease the previous
ones that worked (starting with --) now mostly (i
haven't tested all of them) hang up the xbox. funny
part is that those that worked initially (take vpro or viva
from germany) now are initiated with sound only (like a
radio stream) and when you stop them the xbox would
hang up after 15-20 sec. god (and the devs know
why :-))

i hope this is clear

and good luck + congratulations to the team for this
new amazing streaming tool. i did some side by side
testing and xbmc seem to get better streaming results
(keeping the stream) that my standard pc :-)
we (myself and dash22) have been doing quite some testing of tv streaming new capabilities with xbmc latest cvs dated 1st march 2004 and we must admit that it works superbly

we now have hundreads of tv streams brilliantly working on the xbox. actually the result of our testing  (and we've been through more than 250 tv streams) show that all streams that are well handled by a pc with wmp can be viewed with xbmc if properly configured.

i just list below a few hints to obtain best streaming results :
1/ install xbmc as a dashboard
2/ fill the ip settings with your appropriate ips at the beginning of xboxmediacenter.xml
3/ set the sound output to analog mode. i don't know why but some audio streams would become quite ugly when output is set to digital (even if you have a full codec suite). check this stream to be convinced : mms://media2.omroep.nl/vpro3voor12tv2
4/ thick the video post-processing filter. some streams like the nasa one have the video scrambled and can be viewed with this filter. mms://wmbcast.nasa-global.speedera.net/wmbcast.nasa-global/wmbcast_nasa-global_jan212004_1021_53608
5/ to be 100% sure, get all the codecs as it is well explained in the readme.txt file located in your xbmc\mplayer\codecs\ dir

by doing all that you should have a great time streaming tv.

there is an extensive package of tv streams already prepared for xbox (all dir named ok sur 1.3 contain streams that were cheked 'viewable' last night). go here

http://www.gueux-forum.net/index.php?sho...16362&st=0

and download the package in the pinned first post

and again special thanks to dash22 who has been over 200 streams himself

lud
(ludo2 @ mar. 02 2004,16:54 Wrote:we (myself and dash22) have been doing quite some testing of tv streaming new capabilities with xbmc latest cvs dated 1st march 2004 and we must admit that it works superbly

we now have hundreads of tv streams brilliantly working on the xbox. actually the result of our testing  (and we've been through more than 250 tv streams) show that all streams that are well handled by a pc with wmp can be viewed with xbmc if properly configured.

i just list below a few hints to obtain best streaming results :
1/ install xbmc as a dashboard
2/ fill the ip settings with your appropriate ips at the beginning of xboxmediacenter.xml
3/ set the sound output to analog mode. i don't know why but some audio streams would become quite ugly when output is set to digital (even if you have a full codec suite). check this stream to be convinced : mms://media2.omroep.nl/vpro3voor12tv2
4/ thick the video post-processing filter. some streams like the nasa one have the video scrambled and can be viewed with this filter. mms://wmbcast.nasa-global.speedera.net/wmbcast.nasa-global/wmbcast_nasa-global_jan212004_1021_53608
5/ to be 100% sure, get all the codecs as it is well explained in the readme.txt file located in your xbmc\mplayer\codecs\ dir

by doing all that you should have a great time streaming tv.

there is an extensive package of tv streams already prepared for xbox (all dir named ok sur 1.3 contain streams that were cheked 'viewable' last night). go here

http://www.gueux-forum.net/index.php?sho...16362&st=0

and download the package in the pinned first post

and again special thanks to dash22 who has been over 200 streams himself

lud
great thanks to the xbmc's team for this plug-in

and big french kiss (amical, les mecs!!!Wink to dash22 and ludo .

dash you are so good for testing the tv pack ,

great job

++
hiya all

this video streaming is a damn good thing!

however not many of us can get many working or even find decent tv streams...so here's a list of what i have working:

[playlist]
numberofentries=1
file1=mms://gcrod31.streamos.com/wm31/9d/93/9d9392a10097b34b90af342a48696bcf-3e0bbc86.asf
title1=john lennon video
length1=-1

[playlist]
numberofentries=1
file1=mms://media-wm.cac.washington.edu/researchtv live (lan)
title1=the research channel
length1=-1

[playlist]
numberofentries=1
file1=mms://wms-rbn-sea03.rbn.com/snbc/snbc/wmlive/live300k.asf
title1=shop nbc
length1=-1

these play smoothly..as in it wont stop or be choppy playback ..any1 got any others?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO setup streaming internet video/audio2