Xbmcbuntu 12 - won't boot on Tecra A2
Hi Guys,

I thought I would upgrade the kids Toshiba Tecra A2 laptop running xbmcbuntu 11 and overwrite the install with xbmcbuntu 12. The CD however fails to boot and displays the error "This kernel requires the following features not present on the CPU:pae Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU."

Having done some searching on this, apparently the Tecra A2 CPU does not support PAE, hence the error. (I had to check just to make sure this wasn't just a hidden ubuntu kernel "feature";-))

Anyway, I tried instead doing a "sudo apt-get update" and then a "sudo apt-get upgrade" from the terminal in xbmcbuntu 11 and it identified packages to be updated but held back the new xbmc packages (which I assume are Frodo). I then tried "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade" and all of the packages went through and upgraded successfully, including the new xbmc packages and their dependencies.

The issue now is that when I try to start the xbmc application from within xbmcbuntu 11, the splash screen appears (confirming v12 Frodo) and then bombs straight back out to the desktop.

Has anyone else encountered this and is my only option to reinstall xbmcbuntu 11 and give up on being able to run frodo on this particular laptop?

Note: I'll post the last xbmc crashlog when I get home. As I guess this will provide more clues than my ramblings above.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Copy of Xbmc crashlog can be found here http://paste.ubuntu.com/1594056/

Grateful for any help on this. Thanks very much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbmcbuntu 12 - won't boot on Tecra A20