Aeon Nox 4.0 Gallery
Have to quickly chime in and say that you guys are doing Nox proud!! Big Grin I've seen some great ideas here, once I've finished a few things I'm working on I'll post some updated pics of my setup. Nice work guys Smile
(2013-04-14, 13:50)bigdave50uk Wrote: Thought I would share my setup, its not as customised as some of the others but i like itBig Grin

watch gallery

Hi there, short question: what have I to do, to get the CDArt preview for movie sets (like on the fourth pic)? Or even an info panel for movie sets? I just can find a way to show infos infos by pushing up, like on normal movies.

Would be great if someone can give me a quick hint where I can find a solution for my problem.

Many thanks,
T
(2013-04-17, 20:54)Elektro2000 Wrote: Hi there, short question: what have I to do, to get the CDArt preview for movie sets (like on the fourth pic)? Or even an info panel for movie sets? I just can find a way to show infos infos by pushing up, like on normal movies.

Would be great if someone can give me a quick hint where I can find a solution for my problem.

Many thanks,
T

This is only possible by using a GIT version of the skin and installing Phils awesome script.extendedinfo However, you may need to wait as I think there is quite a few things broken with the latest version of both.
Cool thanks, I'm already using the GIT version of the skin. I will wait for an update than.

Thanks
T
(2013-04-17, 07:42)bryanbrazil Wrote: Here's my setup, you'll notice I've customized it quite a bit (notes below).

After reading this thread I wanted to create a duplicate of the Infowall viewtype and customize it for an Oscars Best Picture playlist. But after looking at the code for a few minutes I figured it would be too complex. So I just modified a viewtype that I don't use for anything else (TriPanel). It's fed by a playlist that you can download here. It selects the titles of every Best Picture winner, but I noticed some of those titles have been remade over the years. But I also found that the remakes didn't score over a 6, and the Oscar winners were all rated over 7. So I had to create two playlists and then combine them into a third. Just extract all 3 files to your playlists folder and select "Best Picture.xsp" in XBMC to test it with your library.

That Oscar Best Picture winner view is very impressive Bryan. Great concept and execution. Thanks in advance for sharing the mod information.
(2013-04-17, 07:42)bryanbrazil Wrote: Here's my setup, you'll notice I've customized it quite a bit (notes below).

watch gallery

Here's what I've done...

Removed furniture (floor, now playing shadow, etc)

Modified the Infowall viewtype to add clear cases for music albums/artists.

Modified top bar to be minimalistic. Had to add animations to darken several screens that don't adhere to the "darken" background option.

Modified the Hardware settings screen to match the other settings screens.

After reading this thread I wanted to create a duplicate of the Infowall viewtype and customize it for an Oscars Best Picture playlist. But after looking at the code for a few minutes I figured it would be too complex. So I just modified a viewtype that I don't use for anything else (TriPanel). It's fed by a playlist that you can download here. It selects the titles of every Best Picture winner, but I noticed some of those titles have been remade over the years. But I also found that the remakes didn't score over a 6, and the Oscar winners were all rated over 7. So I had to create two playlists and then combine them into a third. Just extract all 3 files to your playlists folder and select "Best Picture.xsp" in XBMC to test it with your library.

very very nice !!!

Could you share your Viewtype_AddonWall.xml ?
I used this artists view in nox 2.0
Thanks.
(2013-04-17, 18:05)bsoriano Wrote: Thank you for your quick reply! I would really appreciate it if you would upload your modded files.

Regards,

Bart

Ok, here goes. Keep in mind once you do this the TriPanel viewtype will no longer be useful for other purposes. Also, the files posted here are modifications of the 4.09 version of Aeon Nox in the repository. You'll need to upload this image to your /media folder. I'm hoping this will work with the repo, I haven't tested this since I have the image added to the .xbt file for my custom theme.

Next, you'll need to add the following code to your Font.xml file.

Code:
<font>
    <name>Font_Oscar</name>
    <filename>MC360.ttf</filename>
    <style>bold</style>
    <size>150</size>
</font>

As you'll see in my file, I added it to the default fontset. If you use a different fontset, you'll need to add it there.

Finally, here's the code for the Viewtype_TriPanel.xml. You'll probably want to do a file compare with your viewtype, I can't remember everything else I might have changed (for example, I know I also removed the second Year from the movie list).

Code:
<control type="image">
            <texture background="true" diffuse="thumbs/multiplex_tvmask.png">oscars.jpg</texture>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="90" time="50" condition="true">Conditional</animation>
            <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">scale</aspectratio>
            <bordersize>9</bordersize>
            <posx>-9</posx>
            <posy>77</posy>
            <width>508</width>
            <height>287</height>
            <fadetime>IconCrossfadeTime</fadetime>
</control>
<control type="label">
            <posx>125</posx>
            <posy>182</posy>
            <width>350</width>
            <height>150</height>
            <font>Font_Oscar</font>
            <label>$VAR[TriPanelListValue1Var]</label>
            <scroll>false</scroll>
            <align>center</align>
            <textcolor>ffe8b854</textcolor>
</control>

and if you want the "Best Picture" label...

Code:
<control type="label">
                    <posx>-215</posx>
                    <posy>-63</posy>
                    <width>500</width>
                    <height>200</height>
                    <font>Font_Oscar3</font>
                    <label>BEST</label>
                    <scroll>false</scroll>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <textcolor>66e8b854</textcolor>
                    <shadowcolor>66000000</shadowcolor>
</control>
<control type="label">
                    <posx>110</posx>
                    <posy>-50</posy>
                    <width>500</width>
                    <height>200</height>
                    <font>Font_Oscar2</font>
                    <label>PICTURE</label>
                    <scroll>false</scroll>
                    <align>center</align>
                    <textcolor>66e8b854</textcolor>
                    <shadowcolor>66000000</shadowcolor>
</control>

These labels aren't localized, so if you use another language, the easiest thing to do is just change the text to your language. And if you add this label, you'll also need the Oscar2 and Oscar3 fonts I added to my Fonts.xml file linked above.

(2013-04-18, 06:30)BenAtNVS Wrote: very very nice !!!

Could you share your Viewtype_AddonWall.xml ?
I used this artists view in nox 2.0
Thanks.

Just like the disclaimer above, you'll probably want to do a file compare with your viewtype, I can't remember everything I might have changed. Here is my modded viewtype from Aeon Nox 4.09:

Viewtype_AddonWall.xml
(2013-04-18, 08:50)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2013-04-17, 18:05)bsoriano Wrote: Thank you for your quick reply! I would really appreciate it if you would upload your modded files.

Regards,

Bart

Ok, here goes. Keep in mind once you do this the TriPanel viewtype will no longer be useful for other purposes. Also, the files posted here are modifications of the 4.09 version of Aeon Nox in the repository. You'll need to upload this image to your /media folder. I'm hoping this will work with the repo, I haven't tested this since I have the image added to the .xbt file for my custom theme.

Thanks Bryan Smile, will test tonight after work, running v 4.0.19 so will see if it works with git version.
(2013-04-18, 09:34)Kokonutcreme Wrote: Thanks Bryan Smile, will test tonight after work, running v 4.0.19 so will see if it works with git version.

Just look at what I changed and make the same changes to the 4.0.19 viewtype. You might have problems if you replace your file with my modified 4.09 viewtype.
(2013-04-18, 08:50)bryanbrazil Wrote: Just like the disclaimer above, you'll probably want to do a file compare with your viewtype, I can't remember everything I might have changed. Here is my modded viewtype from Aeon Nox 4.09:

Viewtype_AddonWall.xml

1000 thanks !!!
Thanks for posting this, look forward to trying this tonight!
(2013-04-18, 08:50)bryanbrazil Wrote: Ok, here goes. Keep in mind once you do this the TriPanel viewtype will no longer be useful for other purposes. Also, the files posted here are modifications of the 4.09 version of Aeon Nox in the repository. You'll need to upload this image to your /media folder. I'm hoping this will work with the repo, I haven't tested this since I have the image added to the .xbt file for my custom theme.
<snip>

Wow this mod is great, well done and thanks for sharing. I've just tested it with a GIT version of the skin (not the latest one) and it works great. I really like what you have done with the year graphic in the bottom right!
(2013-04-18, 21:09)bigdave50uk Wrote: Wow this mod is great, well done and thanks for sharing. I've just tested it with a GIT version of the skin (not the latest one) and it works great. I really like what you have done with the year graphic in the bottom right!

Glad you and others found it useful. :)

watch gallery

Here's what I've done...

Removed furniture (floor, now playing shadow, etc)

Modified the Infowall viewtype to add clear cases for music albums/artists.

Modified top bar to be minimalistic. Had to add animations to darken several screens that don't adhere to the "darken" background option.

Modified the Hardware settings screen to match the other settings screens.

Very impressive mod here, way better than what I had conjured up. I'm using your mod with the latest GIT version and it works flawlessly. Thanks for sharing
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
(2013-04-18, 23:16)blackreign66 Wrote: Very impressive mod here, way better than what I had conjured up. I'm using your mod with the latest GIT version and it works flawlessly. Thanks for sharing

Thanks! I've been thinking about a better way to do it that would allow the user to keep the original TriPanel viewtype. I haven't written any scripts before, but it would basically be a script that will set the viewmode, then load the playlist. I'll have to test this when I get home tonight. If this works, it would make it easy to create multiple custom views without affecting any of the default ones.

If anyone has a better idea, let me know.

UPDATE: Surprised myself, I finally figured out how to make this work. Still testing it, but I was able to duplicate the TriPanel viewtype and give it a new ID. Then wrote a small script that loads the playlist and sets the viewmode to the new viewtype. Finally, I created a submenu item to launch the script.

All of this means it is possible to keep your original TriPanel viewtype and use the customized one for your Oscar playlist. I'll post everything once I get it cleaned up if anyone is interested.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4.0 Gallery1