Aeon Nox 4.0 Gallery
(2013-04-26, 03:42)Kokonutcreme Wrote:
(2013-04-20, 20:24)bryanbrazil Wrote: Due to the way I darkened the background, I had to put the oscar include at the top of the list, before the list viewtype (id 50).

Bryan, is the background darkened with modded code in the myvideonav.xml or in the viewtype.xml for Oscars?

The change has darkened the backgrounds for all viewtypes and I'm trying to figure out how to lighten the backgrounds or have them revert to the default setting.

Backgrounds are fine for the home menu.

Thanks

I can't remember what I did, I'll have to take another look. I remember I did have darker backgrounds at one point but fixed it.
Worked it out, changed common/bgcolor.png to common/blank.png in line 10 of the viewtype_oscars.xml file.
Hi all,

I'm having some trouble getting the Oscars view to work at all with the Git version of XBMC. I seem to have two versions of the 'Font.xml', 'MyVideoNav.xml', and 'includes.xml' files in my addons folder-- one set of copies in the Aeon-Nox directory and another within the skin.aeon.nox folder. Do I want to make the code modifications (using Koko's suggestions) in both of these folders or just one of the two? If just one, which?

Also, I can't seem to Git commit any changes I make the the *.xml files within the skin.aeon.nox folder. I'm totally new to this so perhaps I'm missing something obvious...

Currently, I enter the Oscars Viewtype screen from the main menu, and it defaults into list mode with a seemingly random playlist of movies sorted by date. They are most certainly not all best picture winners, haha.

Any help is greatly appreciated Smile
(2013-04-30, 09:20)andy_boy Wrote: Hi all,

I'm having some trouble getting the Oscars view to work at all with the Git version of XBMC. I seem to have two versions of the 'Font.xml', 'MyVideoNav.xml', and 'includes.xml' files in my addons folder-- one set of copies in the Aeon-Nox directory and another within the skin.aeon.nox folder. Do I want to make the code modifications (using Koko's suggestions) in both of these folders or just one of the two? If just one, which?

Also, I can't seem to Git commit any changes I make the the *.xml files within the skin.aeon.nox folder. I'm totally new to this so perhaps I'm missing something obvious...

Currently, I enter the Oscars Viewtype screen from the main menu, and it defaults into list mode with a seemingly random playlist of movies sorted by date. They are most certainly not all best picture winners, haha.

Two folders means two skins. "skin.aeon.nox" is probably the stable 4.0.9 version, and Aeon-Nox is the GIT version. My suggestion would be to just delete "skin.aeon.nox", rename folder "Aeon-Nox" to "skin.aeon.nox", and then make your edits. Also, I suppose you're trying to push your commits to the Nox repository, which you cannot (only the developers can). If you want to be able to pull updates for Nox, make changes to the code, and push them to your very own Aeon-Nox-Mod/Personal-Repository, then you'll have to learn a few things about Git, which are beyond the scope of this post.

EDIT: Regarding GIT, this would be a good place to start.
(2013-04-30, 13:44)CutSickAss Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 09:20)andy_boy Wrote: Hi all,

Two folders means two skins. "skin.aeon.nox" is probably the stable 4.0.9 version, and Aeon-Nox is the GIT version. My suggestion would be to just delete "skin.aeon.nox", rename folder "Aeon-Nox" to "skin.aeon.nox", and then make your edits. Also, I suppose you're trying to push your commits to the Nox repository, which you cannot (only the developers can). If you want to be able to pull updates for Nox, make changes to the code, and push them to your very own Aeon-Nox-Mod/Personal-Repository, then you'll have to learn a few things about Git, which are beyond the scope of this post.

EDIT: Regarding GIT, this would be a good place to start.

Thanks for the help! With it I managed to get it mostly working now, but can't seem to get the 'oscars.jpg' image to show up. It is definitely in my addons/skin.aeon.nox/media folder though...

Anyone have ideas on what might be causing this?

(2013-04-30, 21:19)andy_boy Wrote: Thanks for the help! With it I managed to get it mostly working now, but can't seem to get the 'oscars.jpg' image to show up. It is definitely in my addons/skin.aeon.nox/media folder though...

Does renaming the image to oscars2.jpg fix it? Depending on when you downloaded the XML, it might have the old file name.
Playing around some more...I added a clear case to the large poster in the Episode viewtype to better match the rest of my movie/tv views.

watch gallery
(2013-05-01, 00:25)bryanbrazil Wrote:
(2013-04-30, 21:19)andy_boy Wrote: Thanks for the help! With it I managed to get it mostly working now, but can't seem to get the 'oscars.jpg' image to show up. It is definitely in my addons/skin.aeon.nox/media folder though...

Does renaming the image to oscars2.jpg fix it? Depending on when you downloaded the XML, it might have the old file name.

Hey! Sorry, been away for a while. Changing the file name to oscars2.jpg did not fix the issue. I downloaded the code near the end of April.

I have the image in each of the following directories:
C:\Users\myName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\media
C:\Users\apires\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\media

Any other ideas?
(2013-05-02, 02:14)bryanbrazil Wrote: Playing around some more...I added a clear case to the large poster in the Episode viewtype to better match the rest of my movie/tv views.

watch gallery

That looks nice! I was wondering if you would like to post / add the modified episode viewtype file. I am trying to learn how to do this still. Loved your Top 250 and Best Picture mods and they have become part of my movies menu as a submenu item permanently!
(2013-05-25, 02:40)andy_boy Wrote: Hey! Sorry, been away for a while. Changing the file name to oscars2.jpg did not fix the issue. I downloaded the code near the end of April.

I have the image in each of the following directories:
C:\Users\myName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\media
C:\Users\apires\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox\media

Any other ideas?

My mod is now in its own thread, please try the updated files found there...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=163965
(2013-05-25, 03:53)Slushy Wrote: That looks nice! I was wondering if you would like to post / add the modified episode viewtype file. I am trying to learn how to do this still. Loved your Top 250 and Best Picture mods and they have become part of my movies menu as a submenu item permanently!

I'm on vacation right now, but I can post it to my thread when I get back.
Thanks! Enjoy your vacation!
(2013-04-17, 07:42)bryanbrazil Wrote: Here's my setup, you'll notice I've customized it quite a bit (notes below).

watch gallery

Here's what I've done...

Removed furniture (floor, now playing shadow, etc)

Modified the Infowall viewtype to add clear cases for music albums/artists.

Modified top bar to be minimalistic. Had to add animations to darken several screens that don't adhere to the "darken" background option.

Modified the Hardware settings screen to match the other settings screens.

After reading this thread I wanted to create a duplicate of the Infowall viewtype and customize it for an Oscars Best Picture playlist. But after looking at the code for a few minutes I figured it would be too complex. So I just modified a viewtype that I don't use for anything else (TriPanel). It's fed by a playlist that you can download here. It selects the titles of every Best Picture winner, but I noticed some of those titles have been remade over the years. But I also found that the remakes didn't score over a 6, and the Oscar winners were all rated over 7. So I had to create two playlists and then combine them into a third. Just extract all 3 files to your playlists folder and select "Best Picture.xsp" in XBMC to test it with your library.

Loving your customisation. However, I am wondering how you went about setting up the 'Stand-up' comedy icon, and what it links to, etc. Is it just a smart playlist?
I have my stand up in a separate folder and created a smart playlist based on that path.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 4.0 Gallery1