Network connection dropping during backup
XBMC: Darwin iOS (11.0.0 AppleTV2,1, Version 5.0.1 (Build 9A406a)).
iOS: 4.4.4

Every time I try to run a backup, my network connection crashes/disappears/hangs. I've tried via SFTP and via XBMC Backup. Both will transfer anywhere between 5-300Mb of data, then lose network connectivity. I can't ping, SSH, SFP to the ATV2 anymore. It doesn't hang on a particular file or after a certain amount of time, it just seems random.

I've tried even exiting XBMC completely and performing an SFTP (Filezilla) transfer while the ATV2 is sitting at the apple menu. The same thing happens, which makes me thing it's an ATV thing, not a XBMC thing.

Has anyone had this problem before?

wired or wifi? (even if its unrelated to xbmc as you already found out)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
It's over wired. It's connected to an enterprise grade gigabit switch. I'm wondering if the ATV2 is just asking for too much data, receiving it, and getting overloaded.

I've used the "speed limit" feature within Filezilla and that seems to have helped. I've set it at 200KiB/s and it seems to be holding.

I'm still confused as to why this would happen though.

Is there a way to see memory utilization or network utilization from the ATV SSH console?
top, free
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I don't think those are commands that work at the console?

I imagine I can see overall memory utilization within the ATV or XBMC interface, but I'm looking for something more detailed from the console. So I can see if certain processes are getting overloaded, etc. I'm not sure if this is possible (sorry, I'm a networking guy and I'm used to working from command line).
apt-get install them - read up for packages for linux - most likly they are available for the atv2 too and can be installed via apt-get.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network connection dropping during backup0