Frodo+VC-1+DigitalPlus= :(
Sad 
Hey,
I have just updated to Frodo and am having problems playing back VC-1 encoded HDDVD's with Digital Plus soundtrack. I seem to remember this has always caused an issue but I have been running a patched version of Eden for a while(April17th) and that worked fine. If I remember correclty the patch was done by DDDamion or perhaps Steelman?? Anyway was wondering if theres going to be a patch to sort out Frodo and this issueHuh (crosses fingers)
I would also very much like this.

I also succeeded in plaing some of my ripped hd-dvds in Eden, allthough with some slight lipsyncs issue, but the same files are total crap in Frodo.

i have cheked with other players, like vlc and mediaplayer classic, with varying results. Some play fine, but with sound issues, others not.

In Frodo it has no sound at all, and stutters like crazy.

Not sure how to fix this.

Mutzer
For the moment you need to disable "Dolby Digital capable receiver" in the audio settings to decode Dolby Digital Plus to LPCM, passthrough is not possible at the current time although I believe a dev is looking at this.
Ok. So that fixes the Sound issue by decoding the sound internally. How about the video issue with the VC1 files?

While searching I read that it should only be interlaced video, but I am pretty sure my 1:1 rip of HD DVD to mkv is not interlaced :-) I will need to make a new one to test again.

Mutzer
There is no video issue with vc-1 encoded streams. The Video hiccups are related to the audio engine, or the ffmpeg version used. So if u disable Dolby digital in Ur audio settings, the Video should play normally...
95% of all video problems in Frodo are related to the audio Engine or wrong Audio settings...
Ryzen5 2400g @gigabyte AorusM
Marantz AV7702/MM8003 Combo
Philips 55PFL8007k/12
Sony VW-270ES
Since I am asking about this in another thread if that version was done by dddamian how come those fixes were not present in frodo?

Vc-1 files work fine if they are progressive, they do not if they are interlaced.
(2013-02-27, 07:57)Ghostdivision Wrote: Since I am asking about this in another thread if that version was done by dddamian how come those fixes were not present in frodo?

Vc-1 files work fine if they are progressive, they do not if they are interlaced.

Not too sure, but give it a little time and i am certain it will be sorted. Until then I am sticking with my Eden build which runs everything smooth as silk Big Grin
So I have made a hd dvd rip again, and it still plays terribly, and with no Sound. Even with DD disabled in the settings. I assume that a 1:1 hd dvd rip is progressive and not interlaced.

Any more ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo+VC-1+DigitalPlus= :(0