Aeon Nox CPU usage when idle / minimised
(2013-02-08, 18:10)Big_Noid Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 17:47)imolaavant Wrote: Well, I tried to narrow in on what may be causing the CPU usage. All I could tell for sure is that when Aeon Nox is running, even at idle, it's doing a lot of disk reads for some reason.

I tried all the Aeon Skins and they all have this problem The Confluence and Backrow skins do not. I like the skin, but I don't like it enough to spend hours troubleshooting the issue; that's the designers' job.

If you pay us a salary, then maybe its our job. Until then use another skin with the same amount of options and customization that uses less cpu Tongue

I absolutely agree !
I'd just like to add myself to the list. I have a clean install of XBMCbuntu on my Aspire Revo R3610. During idle my CPU is sitting at ~22% with nothing else going on.

I haven't really dug into the matter as I only noticed it a couple of days ago when I happened to browse the system details. I can have a better look this weekend.

Is there anything useful to the devs that I can send, e.g. logs etc? Does the skin have it's own logs?
Acer Revo R3610 | 2GB Ram | 160GB HDD
XBMCbuntu Frodo installed to HDD
Logitech Harmony One Remote
Some practical debugging might help, if there is actually an issue. As in, disable all the scripts and see if it improves. If yes, slowly enable them and find the issue. As I have only 1% cpu usage, I can't really do this now can I? Sad
(2013-02-08, 19:56)xbmc_on_revo Wrote: I'd just like to add myself to the list. I have a clean install of XBMCbuntu on my Aspire Revo R3610. During idle my CPU is sitting at ~22% with nothing else going on.

I haven't really dug into the matter as I only noticed it a couple of days ago when I happened to browse the system details. I can have a better look this weekend.

Is there anything useful to the devs that I can send, e.g. logs etc? Does the skin have it's own logs?

there is no issue at all so nothing can get fixed. be happy with it or use another skin.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Well, a 20-25% increase on the CPU with same settings as before is something thats not quiet right.
That kind of cpu usage makes fans start to spin and that brings unwanted noise Wink
It uses more cpu then when watching a 1080p movie.
This has not been present with aeon nox before.
(2013-02-08, 21:16)sanity Wrote: Well, a 20-25% increase on the CPU with same settings as before is something thats not quiet right.

Apparently that depends on who you ask...

I'm with you though: if an application runs at 0% when idle with one skin, and at 25% under the same conditions with another skin there is clearly something not right. It could be the skin or it could be the app. I don't know and I'm not exactly qualified to debug it, which was where my "that's the developers' job" comment came from. Of course they're not getting paid to develop the skin, but neither are we to QA it.

I can say this: when I run XBMC with Aeon on an Intel i5 machine I do not see the same behavior as I do when I'm on an AMD A6-5600K machine. I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that it may be the graphics side of the APU causing the CPU usage we're seeing IF the other people seeing the same thing are using APU without added video cards. If that's the case it still doesn't explain what they hell the GPU is doing for XBMC while the screen is blank, but it may help someone narrow in on the issue.

(2013-02-09, 01:57)imolaavant Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 21:16)sanity Wrote: Well, a 20-25% increase on the CPU with same settings as before is something thats not quiet right.
Of course they're not getting paid to develop the skin, but neither are we to QA it.

Congratulations for posting the most ridiculous sentence of the day.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
I'll drink to drink to that Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sorry all, I was under the impression I was posting in a support form and not /b.
Enjoy the circlejerk; i'm out!
Sorry, I didn't mean to step on any toes here. Just trying to add my expirience to this "issue" Smile
As my rig is more then capable of running this setup with all eyecandy enabled and still almost have none cpu usage when idling.
I am still wondering what can have caused this sudden cpu increase with frodo 12 final and aeon nox 4.09?
no matter what skin settings I use (all cpu demanding features enabled or disabled) it still loads my cpu alot more then before.
anything I can do to help? logs etc?
Problem is we don't have it. I have around 3% or so.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
yea ok.
I'll try to fiddle around some more today and see if I also can get back to that cpu usage Smile

Edit.
After some more investigation I found out that now even with other skins the issue was present.
Disabled some unused plugins did the trick!
Probably some of them not working properly after an update.
I had around 10 plugins that I disabled so cant really tell wich one did it.
Sorry once again for blaming this skin Smile
(2013-02-08, 20:22)phil65 Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 19:56)xbmc_on_revo Wrote: I'd just like to add myself to the list. I have a clean install of XBMCbuntu on my Aspire Revo R3610. During idle my CPU is sitting at ~22% with nothing else going on.

there is no issue at all so nothing can get fixed. be happy with it or use another skin.

Haha I beg to differ.

I'm a developer myself and I can completely understand the defensive nature when 90% of your users have no problem and then a few crap on your parade. However I'd appreciate any help and support you can give me.

(2013-02-09, 11:38)Martijn Wrote: Problem is we don't have it. I have around 3% or so.

Okay so why is it using 3% of your CPU? Does confluence use the same?

You know maybe with a better CPU it isn't going to be 20%, plus you're probably on a quad core or something where as the E-450 is a dual core.

I find it interesting that someone with the Atom and Nvidia graphics has the same issue this at least reassures me that it isn't just AMD APUs.
(2013-02-10, 01:27)SuPerNoVi Wrote:
(2013-02-08, 20:22)phil65 Wrote: there is no issue at all so nothing can get fixed. be happy with it or use another skin.

Haha I beg to differ.

I'm a developer myself and I can completely understand the defensive nature when 90% of your users have no problem and then a few crap on your parade. However I'd appreciate any help and support you can give me.

I think know where at least part of the issue is - I've managed to get my CPU down to ~5% at idle using this skin - but screw these guys and their high horses. I'll PM you. If you're a developer you may be able to use what I found and work out the issue; I don't have those skills and I don't have an interest in helping people that keep their heads so far up their own asses.

Sorry to sound so vitriolic but multiple users here have reported the same exact issue and not once did either developer ask for more information or offer suggestions.
(2013-02-10, 03:41)imolaavant Wrote: I think know where at least part of the issue is - I've managed to get my CPU down to ~5% at idle using this skin - but screw these guys and their high horses. I'll PM you. If you're a developer you may be able to use what I found and work out the issue; I don't have those skills and I don't have an interest in helping people that keep their heads so far up their own asses.

may i suggest you have a look at our forum rules?
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Forum_rules

Quote:
  • Be civil.
  • Polite language is required.
  • Respect the coding efforts of XBMC devs and other coders.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox CPU usage when idle / minimised0