So I can actually run 1080p H.264 for 100 euro... (urgent answer needed)
Exclamation 
Hi Guys,

First off, thanks to all that reply, I'm sure you're all fed up with new guys like me asking repeated questions, but this stuff can be complicated for those of us new to it.

Anyway, I wanted to build a HTPC capable of playing my 1080p H.264 rips.

I found this thread, in which the poster implies running 1080p without dropped frames.

Now I can pick up an "Hp Compaq dc7700, Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz" for about €50 and I can get an Asus GT430 for about €50 as well.

I just can't believe that I could build a machine from cheap second hand parts that would handle 1080p h.264 without dropping frames...

Is anyone running anything similar? I'm out of work at the moment, so if I purchased this and it was useless, I'd be left in tears! I'm also getting the parts from ebay and I only have a few hours to decide, so please throw your 2c in!

Thanks for reading.
A gt210 would even be fine for 2d non-interlaced. The 430 would add 3d and interlace
Awesome. I actually can't believe this can be done for that cheap. It's amazing how cheap out-dated pc parts are.
Just to clarify something, are we basically saying the GT430 will handle all the decoding?

I have to ask because the DC7700 was sold by the time I got to it Sad

If the GT430 is handling all the video processing, then I could get away with a single core P4 at around 2ghz? They go for buttons...
Quote:I have to ask because the DC7700 was sold by the time I got to it Sad

If the GT430 is handling all the video processing, then I could get away with a single core P4 at around 2ghz? They go for buttons...

What is the motherboard?

Pci express x16 slot with a CPU socket 423/478 is somewhat rare.
Here's an example for around €35!

These things where used in just about every office I worked in, so they are in abundance, and as you can see, quite cheap. According to the spec sheet that should work fine with the GT430?

EDIT: Here's the quick spec list: http://www.itema-pg.com/pc/desktop/hpDC7600.pdf

It's actually a 775.
(2013-02-01, 00:44)muxer107 Wrote: Hi Guys,

First off, thanks to all that reply, I'm sure you're all fed up with new guys like me asking repeated questions, but this stuff can be complicated for those of us new to it.

Anyway, I wanted to build a HTPC capable of playing my 1080p H.264 rips.

I found this thread, in which the poster implies running 1080p without dropped frames.

Now I can pick up an "Hp Compaq dc7700, Core 2 Duo 1.86GHz" for about €50 and I can get an Asus GT430 for about €50 as well.

I just can't believe that I could build a machine from cheap second hand parts that would handle 1080p h.264 without dropping frames...

Is anyone running anything similar? I'm out of work at the moment, so if I purchased this and it was useless, I'd be left in tears! I'm also getting the parts from ebay and I only have a few hours to decide, so please throw your 2c in!

Thanks for reading.

Built from garbage - only bought 3 parts Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
So I can actually run 1080p H.264 for 100 euro... (urgent answer needed)0