Videos are being marked as watched even when not finished
I upgraded from Eden to Frodo, and must have changed an option somewhere that I now can't find. If I watch a video (movie, TV show), and stop playing before the end of the feature, it still shows up with a check mark, as if I had finished watching it to the end. Consequently, when I go back to play that video, it always starts at the beginning, and doesn't pick up from the spot I stopped watching at.

Can anybody point me to the option to return to the old behavior I had (going back would pick up where I had ended, and the video would not be marked as watched until I played to the end, or manually marked it as watched)

Thanks
It would be in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file located in your userdata (wiki) directory:
Code:
<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>
This sets the minimum percentage a video has to be played before it is marked as watched. You can also set it to 101 to never auto-mark videos as watched.
(2013-02-01, 01:41)artrafael Wrote: It would be in your advancedsettings.xml (wiki) file located in your userdata (wiki) directory:
Code:
<playcountminimumpercent>90</playcountminimumpercent>
This sets the minimum percentage a video has to be played before it is marked as watched. You can also set it to 101 to never auto-mark videos as watched.

Thanks that worked to not mark the episode as played, after I stopped it after 2 minutes. But it also did not re-start at that 2 minute mark, when I went back to finish watching.

So I'm halfway there. Blush
I know it has to be past a certain duration to be able to resume from there so maybe 2 mins isn't enough?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
Take a look at these two settings in advancedsettings.xml:

Code:
<ignoresecondsatstart>15</ignoresecondsatstart>
Number of seconds to ignore at beginning of video before a resume point is set.

Code:
<ignorepercentatend>8</ignorepercentatend>
Percent of remaining video after which no resume point is set.
(2013-02-01, 03:38)ArieS Wrote: I know it has to be past a certain duration to be able to resume from there so maybe 2 mins isn't enough?

Yes, that seems to work. Now, I have a different problem - the video repeats. As soon as it finishes, it starts again. And the setting in SETTINGS, VIDEO, PLAYBACK, PLAY THE NEXT VIDEO AUTOMATICALLY is *not* checked. It's not the next video that's playing, it's the same video again.

And I can't seem to figure out what setting affects that. I did change the "playcountminimum" setting, but I don't think I changed anything else. (altho I could be wrong, of course).

Any ideas on how to get it to not repeat, the way it used to?

Thanks everyone for the help, it's very appreciated.
Bring up the context menu... Go to now playing and then from the menu on the left (if using confluence at least) make sure repeat is off.
(2013-02-02, 20:27)gabbott Wrote: Bring up the context menu... Go to now playing and then from the menu on the left (if using confluence at least) make sure repeat is off.

AH HA! Yes, that was it. I hardly ever use that menu, so it didn't occur to me to look there. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos are being marked as watched even when not finished0