Need help playing 1080 videos on eeebox (atom processor)
Hello,

I'm a new member here and new to HTPC in general. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I bought an eeebox pc for the sole purpose of playing videos on my TV.
After setting it up I can play SD videos fine, but I have problem playing 1080p videos.

The eeebox B206 spec are :
- Intel Atom N270 (1.6 GHz, 533 MHz FSB, 512 KB L2 Cache)
- 1 GB of DDR2-533 SO-DIMM
- 160 GB SATA @ 5,400 RPM
- ATI Radeon HD 3450 (It says Mobility Radeon HD 3400 in Windows)

According to what I read on the wiki and forum that should be enough to play 1080p videos.
I already installed Windows 7, latest catalyst from AMD (13.1) and the latest XBMC (Frodo).
I already followed the steps from http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...or_Windows
But somehow when I tried to play 1080 videos the hardware acceleration is still disable (showing dc:ff-h264 instead of dc:ff-h264-dxva2) when I press "O"

Is there a step that I'm missing here? Or some extra software / coded that I need to install to get it working?

Thank you in advance.
Spent half day yesterday trying to make this thing work.
Tried Media Player Classic - HC and installing K-lite codec pack, and it still wouldn't work. Still get choppy video on 1080p.

Finally I checked with DXVA Checker and it shows that the video card doesnt support DXVA2 H264 and DXVA2 VC1.
My question is, is this result accurate ? Or can something be done to remedy this, driver update or maybe different piece of software / OS ?

Can anyone with any experience using Radeon HD 3400 and/or eeebox give me some pointer to what might cause this ?
Is Radeon HD 3400 just incapable of playing 1080p content ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help playing 1080 videos on eeebox (atom processor)0