TVDB, XEN, EPGuide, no TV Scraper works
This is what I'm seeing in the LOG:

23:33:15 T:3120 DEBUG: scraper: GetSearchResults returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?><results></results>
23:33:15 T:3120 DEBUG: ADDON::CScraper::FindMovie: Searching for 'Burn.Notice.S06E14' using XEM scraper (path: 'C:\Users\Jon\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\metadata.thexem.de', content: 'tvshows', version: '1.0.3')
23:33:15 T:3120 DEBUG: scraper: CreateSearchUrl returned <url>http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=burn.notice.s06e14&amp;language=en</url>
23:33:15 T:3120 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0D34E3A8) http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php...anguage=en
23:33:15 T:2480 DEBUG: NEWADDON PythonCallbackHandler construction with PyThreadState 0xb0927c8

Over and over, for each file. After it runs through an entire scan, no items are created in the library. Very frustrated as I just built this rig specifically for XBMC and it isn't scanning properly.

I'm running XBMC 12.0 on Win8, but it does this on my Win7 box as well. I've googled and searched quite a bit but nothing specifically states why its failing. I've turned IPV6 off, disabled my firewall, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.
How exactly are your files organized?
Single folder, all .mkv files.

Example:

Root Folder
Arrow.S01E11.720p.HDTV.x264-DIMENSION.mkv
Arrow.S01E12.720p.HDTV.x264-DIMENSION.mkv
Bones.S08E12.720p.HDTV.x264-DIMENSION.mkv
..and etc

At first I thought it was due to trying to traverse subfolders, (I only have two, full seasons and single episodes) so I pointed it to my main folder which has 99 files within the folder, but still does not scan. I can see it try and scrape the media on the top right corner, but it either just scans and finishes, or rarely I get a "cannot connect to remote server" (hence why I tried the other items above based on Google searches).

I should also note that the movie scraper works perfectly.
..Yeah, that ain't going to work. The bare minimum you need is a folder per series.
Code:
Root folder
    |---Arrow
    |     |--Arrow.S01E11.720p.HDTV.x264-DIMENSION.mkv
    |     |--Arrow.S01E12.720p.HDTV.x264-DIMENSION.mkv
    |
    |---Bones
    |     |--Bones.S08E12.720p.HDTV.x264-DIMENSION.mkv
etc.

Video library/Naming files/TV shows (wiki)
I see, I actually was glancing that over when I started looking over my debug and realizing that its having issues scanning titles. I'll give it a try and reply with my results.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=31777

It searches the title of the show as Bones SXXEXX instead of just 'bones'.

I can see why now the NFO files are so important I suppose. I was just assuming it would use the .'s as seperators for the show vs episodes, etc.
Basically, XBMC will look at everything directly inside the root folder and assume it's the name of a show.
It'll clean it up a bit first - get rid of the 720p etc., but if it's just an episode file, you'll still end up with something like 'Burn.Notice.S06E14' which just isn't the title of any show.

When it's a sub-folder, though, and the scraper finds a match, the scraper will fetch the details for that series, but more importantly it'll get a URL to an episode list for the series. XBMC will then look at the files inside the folder, find the SXXEXX (or equivalent) part in the file name and match that to an episode in the list, using it to scrape the full details for that episode. When you add a new episode, XBMC won't bother to scrape new details for the show, it'll just re-fetch the episode list from the URL it already has stored.

Folder name -> Show title
File name -> Season/Episode number
(2013-02-01, 16:46)scudlee Wrote: Basically, XBMC will look at everything directly inside the root folder and assume it's the name of a show.
It'll clean it up a bit first - get rid of the 720p etc., but if it's just an episode file, you'll still end up with something like 'Burn.Notice.S06E14' which just isn't the title of any show.

When it's a sub-folder, though, and the scraper finds a match, the scraper will fetch the details for that series, but more importantly it'll get a URL to an episode list for the series. XBMC will then look at the files inside the folder, find the SXXEXX (or equivalent) part in the file name and match that to an episode in the list, using it to scrape the full details for that episode. When you add a new episode, XBMC won't bother to scrape new details for the show, it'll just re-fetch the episode list from the URL it already has stored.

Folder name -> Show title
File name -> Season/Episode number

Thank you for your helpo Scudlee, following your advice (and some tweaking), I have everything working as it should! I'm still looking into SickBeard to see if that would be something to help extend XBMC, but for now my current process will work! All I have to do is move the items from the downloaded folder into their individual show folders, and I have XBMC auto scan every 15 minutes!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB, XEN, EPGuide, no TV Scraper works0