Silverstone GD04B
Asus Maximus Gene V
i5-3570K
Nvidia GTX 660Ti
Corsair HX650W
Samsung 840 250GB
2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB

Connected to Sony STRDN1030 via HDMI.

So I launch XBMC, try to play a video and all I get is stuttering video with no audio. Audio is set to WASAPI (as DirectSound has never worked for me) using the NVidia chip. Upon commencement of playback of the video the amp isn't displaying the audio track like it used to. VLC plays video and audio fine.

XBMC has been working fine for me and to solve this problem before I have had to switch my amp off and then on again which rectified the problem but even this will not work now.

Extremely frustrating.

Pretty noobish to XBMC so unsure how to create a debug log if someone would like to tell me.

Thanks
Debug log (I think)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0ym9y7nphpc2x8/xbmc.log
Frodo has an entirely new audio system, unfortunately the chosen defaults means that playback won't work on all devices without some tweaking of the settings.

Quick test to get things working is to see what setting Audio Output to Analog does? hopefully this should allow smooth video playback until you can investigate more.

See the sticky http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911 on what needs to be checked to ensure your audio settings are compatible with your install.
(2013-02-01, 14:27)mw8t Wrote: Debug log (I think)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0ym9y7nphpc2x8/xbmc.log
Ok, from that log I can see that your HDMI connection is reporting it's 2 channels only and does not support any encoded formats such as DD, DTS, TrueHD or DTS-HD MA. Check what Supported Formats in Windows shows, details in sticky.

Your problems is that you're trying to playback files with HD audio but your system is reporting that it's not compatible with HD audio, so as things stand you'll definitely need to set Audio Ouput to Analog and Speaker Configuration to 2.0.

Do you know what the Nvidia GTX 660Ti is supposed to support audio wise? some of the higher end Nvidia cards designed for gaming do not support passing through the encoded formats and do LPCM only.

If the Nvidia is supposed to support the encoded formats then check the driver, make sure it's not a MS supplied one and that the official Nvidia driver is downloaded & installed, again details in the sticky.

I've just set the Audio to Analog 2.0 and playback is fine.

I have had full HD-Audio working fine up to yesterday but now it just refuses to work.

I recently installed NVidias new beta driver, could that be the problem?
Could be, try rolling back the driver.

Check Supported Formats in Windows before & after, if no encoded formats are listed there you've no chance of playback of anything other than LPCM, MP3 & FLAC within XBMC.
(2013-02-01, 14:45)mw8t Wrote: I recently installed NVidias new beta driver, could that be the problem?
I have similar settup with Intel i7-3770 and Nvidia discrete GPU. I can bitstream HD audio with both Intel iGPU and Nvidia discrete GPU. Did you updated the Nvidia GPU from here- Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products? You need to make sure that Nvidia HDMI output in Windows control panel and Exclusive Mode in Nvidia HDMI output properties are selected after you updated Nvidia driver.....

You can configure audio output in XBMC very similar to what I posted in this post- Alienware X51 mini gaming PC for multipurpose HTPC.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Ok so it's now all sorted after a fresh Win 8 install and WHQL NVidia driver install. The NVidia audio playback device speaker configuration in Windows only had stereo speakers as an option whereas previously I had the option of 5.1 etc.

Didn't check the supported formats but I suspect you are right jjd-uk, they wouldn't have been listed. (They are now)

I think the NVidia beta driver may have broken my Windows setup. Video and hd audio in XBMC is now working.

Thanks for your help ppl.
(2013-02-01, 18:40)mw8t Wrote: I think the NVidia beta driver may have broken my Windows setup. Video and hd audio in XBMC is now working.
This is why I like to update driver with this option- Option 2: Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products. It find the proper latest driver for it.......

Heads up. I updated to 12 and had the same issue. Changed from WASAPI to directsound and it's now normal as it was before. ;o)
(2013-02-07, 23:05)steve.rand Wrote: Heads up. I updated to 12 and had the same issue. Changed from WASAPI to directsound and it's now normal as it was before. ;o)
If you are bitstreaming DTS-HD/TrueHD to AVR for decoding, you want to select WASAPI instead....

(2013-02-07, 23:05)steve.rand Wrote: Heads up. I updated to 12 and had the same issue. Changed from WASAPI to directsound and it's now normal as it was before. ;o)

I'm having similar problems, playback is watchable but you can clearly see the picture juddering now and then. Mine is set to WASAPI and it sending HD Audio to my amp, will setting directsound remove HD Audio?
Debug log required of you playing something, see Log_file (wiki)

FYI, Directsound in XBMC does not support HD audio so you need to WASAPI for this

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo worked ok, now stutters all video playback with no audio0