Linux XBMC crashes after loading
I've just upgraded to Frodo and xbmc now crashes moments after loading up. It appears to load normally, shows the menu for approximately 1 second, and then crashes.

xbmc.log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1596575/

Running Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS, fully updated as of Feb 1 2013.
Using an Acer Aspire Revo, lspci output: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1596596/

I've done a a full purge of xbmc and re-installed, but get the same error.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thanks a million.
- Brendan

delete /etc/asound.conf and/or ~/.asoundrc

failing that mv ~/.xbmc ~/.xbmc.bak
Thanks for the suggestion.

Both /etc/asound.conf and ~/.asoundrc didn't exist anyways.

Tried moving ~/.xbmc but still get the same result.

Any other ideas?
you might want to upgrade your nvidia driver. Also pulse audio should be uninstalle, unless absolutely needed.
OK, I did a remove --purge pulseaudio, which did remove a few packages. However, still getting the same error.

As far as I can tell, I'm using the nvidia_current driver, and everything is fully updated - is there another way to force an update to the nvidia driver?
In the end, I upgraded to ubuntu 12.10 quantal quetzal and this has fixed the xbmc crashing error. Not sure if this solved it because 12.10 comes with a newer version of the nvidia driver?

In any case, hope this helps others.
I had a similar problem and updating to 12.10 fixed it, too (absolutely nothing else had done before) - using 12.10 fixes it even with using the open source graphics drivers, btw. (using nvidia drivers wracks my screen resolution completely...)

forums were a lot of help, thanks for telling what finally helped, wouldn't have tried updating the OS Wink

gas.
I had that problem and being impatient I maked xbmc amnd only xbmc for complete removal in pkgmgr. Apply. Marked xbmc-bin for install, apply marked xbmc for install, apply. and it fixed it. I even had all my addons and settings.
HTPC
i3 2100
Asrock H67m itx
2x4 Gskill 1333
GT 430 gpu
2 x 500 GB 7200rpm Seagate Hybrid SSD-HDD
Slim DVD drive

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC crashes after loading1