New HTPC build [advice please]
Wink 
Hi all,

I anticipate that this is my first attempt htpc.
I have read many guides on the forum and this is the hardware I want to buy:

Code:
CPU:     AMD - APU A8-5500 (Trinity) Quad-Core 3,2 Ghz Socket FM2 - integrated Radeon HD 7560D Boxato (65W)
MB:      ASROCK - Motherboard FM2A85X Extreme4-M socket FM2 chipset AMD A85X Micro-ATX
SSD:     INTEL - Solid State Drive 60 GB 2,5" Serie 330 Sata III 6 Gb s
DDR:     G.SKILL - Dimm 8 Gb (2x4Gb) ddr3 1866 Mhz CL9 Non-ECC
PSU:     SEASONIC - s12ii-430 psu atx da 430w

I'm going to the right direction?

Thanks
darks
What would you like to be able to do with your HTPC?
Hi, thanks for reply.
Basically web browsing and play fullhd movies with xbmc (blueray in future). should be a bit responsive.
(2013-02-01, 20:20)darksides Wrote:
Code:
CPU:     AMD - APU A8-5500 (Trinity) Quad-Core 3,2 Ghz Socket FM2 - integrated Radeon HD 7560D Boxato (65W)
MB:      ASROCK - Motherboard FM2A85X Extreme4-M socket FM2 chipset AMD A85X Micro-ATX
SSD:     INTEL - Solid State Drive 60 GB 2,5" Serie 330 Sata III 6 Gb s
DDR:     G.SKILL - Dimm 8 Gb (2x4Gb) ddr3 1866 Mhz CL9 Non-ECC
PSU:     SEASONIC - s12ii-430 psu atx da 430w
For the hardwares you listed above, you should be able to power it with this silent Pico PSU "picoPSU-150-XT/12.5A 150W AC-DC". You'll have some room for future upgrades too....

You should be able to playback everything (1080p, HD audio, 3d, some games, etc) with A8-5500....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thanks for the tip but I have no room for an external power supply
(2013-02-02, 11:27)darksides Wrote: thanks for the tip but I have no room for an external power supply
Are you saying you don't have room on the floor behind the TV for the 6.6" x 3.4" x 1.8" AC-DC adapter? If you preferred a standard ATX PSU, SeaSonic in your list should be fine.....
No, there is no room behind the pc, I should put it on but it is not so pleasing.
thanks for your suggestions..
(2013-02-02, 22:57)darksides Wrote: No, there is no room behind the pc, I should put it on but it is not so pleasing.
thanks for your suggestions..
Have you seen AC-DC adapter for the laptop?

You only need to install a tiny Pico DC-DC ATX below inside the PC. If you have room for a standard SeaSonic PSU, you'll have plenty of room for 1.25 x 2 x .6 (inches) Pico PSU-

AC-DC adapter below will be placed on the floor behind the TV with the rest of TV, AVR, HDMI, etc cables-

So based on your last reply it sounds like mostly movie watching and perhaps a little browsing? I'm not sure what your price range is, but it sounds like you might be able to get by with either a Raspberry Pi ($35), Pivos XIOS ($100), or perhaps a zbox or Foxconn box ($200-300).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC build [advice please]0