QuickTimeBrowser - No Trailer Found?
ok it seems to crash for me everytime i exit back to the xbmc main screen?

does this happen for anyone else?
that was an issue with 1.36a, but fixed in 1.37

so: yes, i used to have that problem, but not since i upgraded
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

so this would probably suggest that even though i've got 1.37, something of 1.36a has been left behind still causing the problem?

update

before ftp'ing 1.37 to xbox i removed:

*...python/lib/_xmlplus folder
*quicktimebrowser.py
*quicktimebrowser_utils.py
*...scripts/quicktimebrowser folder

have i missed any files or folders which i should remove before doing a fresh 'install' of 1.37?

Thumbs Up 
the cause of the problem is somewhere else: apple has changed the naming of the real download urls. in the xml file they give the extension ".h.i640.mov" (for a large trailer for example). when loading this file, the quicktime player is redirected to the file with the extension ".h640w.mov". xbmc doesnt recognize this redirection and fails to play the trailer. for a quick fix i've hardcoded the replacement of the extension in quicktimebrowser.py. just add the following lines after line 491:

link = replace(link, '.i640','640w')
link = replace(link, '.i480','480')
link = replace(link, '.i320','320')
omg, bulldog64 you are the man !! :thumbsup:

thanks a lot for fixing my problem !

cheers :kickass:
does anyone know how to stop it crashing when i exit though?
literally everytime i go back to the main xbmc screen it freezes n i have to turn the xbox off.
this was supposed to be fixed in 1.37 but it still happens for meHuh?
(mida @ oct. 29 2005,00:30 Wrote:does anyone know how to stop it crashing when i exit though?
literally everytime i go back to the main xbmc screen it freezes n i have to turn the xbox off.
this was supposed to be fixed in 1.37 but it still happens for meHuh?
i think you'll have to get the latest version of xbmc. i had the same problem, until i updated xbmc. i think it has something to do with the script saving its data files on exit.

it didn't use to do that, but now when i get back into the main menu, i get a messagebox from the script telling me it's saving its files.

could it be something like a new event that the script expects but isn't sent by older versions of xbmc?

anyway, get the latest version of xbmc solved it for me.

remco
you were right, i updated n its working fine now!
hi,

i was wondering why sometime while i'm watching a trailer, my xbox freezes and i need to reset?

is this a common error?
edit: nevermind. i sorted it.

i keep getting a syntax error when adding those lines of code.

btw, how do i clean the defug file? it goes to 5 pages and stops recording errors.

(luciverse @ nov. 03 2005,00:42 Wrote:i keep getting a syntax error when adding those lines of code.  

btw, how do i clean the defug file?  it goes to 5 pages and stops recording errors.
you have edited the script wrong.
the error you are getting are for indentation witch pyton scripting is very strict on.
so check you editing and try again.

regards b|d|6|4
when i c/p the code it deleted the line break for the line under it. it messed me up.

thanks for the update. :bowdown:
so now that ive gotten 1.37 and have the trailers working i can ask this-- what happened to the skin? now all i get is a black background when i load quicktimebrowser and go to select trailers...

thomas
(thesilenttheatre @ nov. 16 2005,09:31 Wrote:so now that ive gotten 1.37 and have the trailers working i can ask this-- what happened to the skin? now all i get is a black background when i load quicktimebrowser and go to select trailers...

thomas
you have to enable the background in the script, it's somewhere on the first lines. it's been disabled by default because of a memory leak and it will cause the memory of you xbox to fill up. but i've never really had a problem, zo you should be able to enable it...
found another goofy filename.. i just added it as 480 and it looks fine to me (i wear glasses and have a fuzzy large screen no hidef tv).

link = replace(link, '.ref','480')

scratch that... im a knit

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QuickTimeBrowser - No Trailer Found?0