NAS [any reccomendations]
Im looking for a NAS that has wifi, that I also can sit next to my mk808 and maybe transfair over usb or cat5. So I can stream HD content

I would like something that can handle mysql if possible so that when I add xbmc to other rooms in my house i can use it

It doesnt have to have a HDD with it. I have some spares. But if it comes with one, thats a bonus.

If ones with mysql are expensive i might just go for a regular NAS

thanks
Qnap, Synology. You wouldn't want to use wifi tbh. Austore also has a nice product.
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
yeah. reading about things decided not to have wifi....

am thinking about http://www.ebuyer.com/283920-zyxel-nsa31...16-007007b

its cheap, and does mysql
So CAT5 and USB are two different animals, sort of a SAN vs NAS discussion. If you really want networked storage look at unRAID IMO.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
i think unraid is getting too deep. i kinda want plug and play with mysql. something i can plug in, get speed good enough to run 1080p. and be low maintinance.

i can understand why people want unraid. but i have far too many computers around the house as it is
+1 on QNAP or Synology for what you're describing.
I hear you on too many computers! so... I built an ESX server and put unRAID on it and about a half dozen other VMs to cover other stuff - including an SQL server for XBMC lol. THAT is too deep I suspect but it sure cleaned up all the crap around making noize!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NAS [any reccomendations]0