Newbie aspiring cable-cutter
All,

I'd really like to cut my cable and save $$$. There seems to be a lot of good things written about XBMC and some active user communities so I'm looking hard at it. I'm a fairly technically-savvy person and can follow most technical instructions. I built a 2 TB box running Win 7, installed a Hauppauge dual OTA tuner card, and downloaded Frodo. The HTPC is jacked into my network via Ethernet wire.

The thing is, I have a wife and 3 kids and they have really grown accustomed to watching TV on, well, the TV. Before I will be allowed to "cut the cable" I will need to replicate this experience.

How can I get content (including LIVE OTA TV) from my HTPC box running XBMC in the den to my TV in the family room over WiFi in the least expensive way possible? My TV is a Sony WiFi Google TV and I have a Sony WiFi Blu-Ray player attached to it.

I've combed the boards but can't seem to find much on this. I understand that maybe I can accomplish it using the PVR/DVR capability from Frodo but I'm not clear on exactly how. Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

If this question has already been answered (didn't see it while browsing) or if there is a more appropriate place to post this, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chad
PVR (wiki) as an introduction
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie aspiring cable-cutter0