Library importing files from deleted sources
Hi All,

Not sure if this is an Eden or Frodo bug as I started with Eden then around the time I updated to Frodo I started having the problem. Running Mac OS X 10.6.8.

To begin with I had multiple video sources, some local directories, some smb shares, two smb shares from a PC, a 3rd smb share from the local machine (mac) as loopback - the reason for that was to gain access to the movies folder of another user account on the computer which cannot be easily accessed directly via the filesystem.

As part of setting up xbmc I've been consolidating movies from multiple locations on two computers onto a single external harddrive, and have now reached a point where I ONLY want the external hard drive as a source, and no longer require any of the smb shares. I have 6 sub directories on the external drives for various things such as movies, tv shows and so on. None of these overlap or are nested.

These all work fine but I have a perplexing problem - no matter what I do every time a library scan or cleanup is performed I get a handful of duplicate videos appearing in the library - when looking at the info screen of the duplicates it is obvious that the duplicate is the copy of the file that still exists on the smb share from the other user account on the machine, as the first item shows the path to the external hard drive while the second shows smb://pc-name/movies/filename.

There are NO smb shares configured anymore in xbmc. sources.xml in userdata does NOT show any sources other than the file sources on the external drive that should be there. I can go into the library, manually delete the duplicates that are being detected in the smb share, exit the program, but the next time a library scan is done they are back again.

I can't for the life of me figure out how it even knows to go looking at that share when it has been removed from sources. I'm assuming that if I disable the actual file share itself that the duplicates will disappear from the library, but I want the file share to remain available for other purposes even though I don't plan to use it for a loopback connection anymore.

Does anyone have any idea why I just can't kill these duplicates ?
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Source paths also get added to the library database, and I'm betting there's an "orphaned" source path there. Add a new video source with the SMB path like you used to have, or simply as it shows for that duplicate item. You don't have to set the content as anything. Then simply remove the source and XBMC should ask if you want to remove everything from the library with that path. Say yes. That should take care of the orphaned update path.
Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately it didn't resolve the problem. I tried adding the smb share back in both without and with scrapers, with scrapers it added additional duplicates in the library as expected and when removing the share and choosing to remove items from the library it removed the newly added duplicates but left the original ones I was having problems with. Sad

The strange thing is that of 40 or so movies that are in the same folder on that share, only about 5 spurious duplicates are appearing in the library from there, not all of them, and they are definitely valid as they do play.

Is there any way I can just clear the database completely and let it rebuild from the selected sources ? I don't have any customisations to the library, in fact this is only a test install at the moment so whilst I could wipe everything and start over I'm trying to understand what went wrong in case it happens on the real installation.
Sure, you can delete the database folder in the userdata (wiki) folder, or even the entire userdata folder.
Thanks. That does seem to have fixed it!

I deleted just the database folder then re-launched XBMC, I had to manually go into each source and edit it to add back the scrapers, after that it rebuilt the library and no more spurious smb entries.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library importing files from deleted sources0