XBMC Uninstall E: Write error
Hi everyone, this is my first posting here as a newbie. I'm having trouble uninstalling XBMC on atv 2. I ssh using terminal and get the following error:

E: Write error - write (28: No space left on device)
E: Can't mmap an empty file
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened

No matter what ssh command I put in I get that error.
I can get into Nito tv on atv but cant upgrade anything and get the same:

E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened

XBMC icon pic is missing and when I try open it, it gets as far as the EDEN screen then crashes.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
IOS FAQ (wiki) - read up how you free space. Sounds strange but once the disk is full - you are not even able to deinstall stuff ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I had XBMC Hub Wizard installed for maybe 2 or 3 weeks and thats when I the Error problems started. Maybe the Wizard uses more space?
I had deleted all my cache files and that didnt work.

I ended up re-jailbreaking my atv 2; all went well until I installed XBMC from Nito TV.
Now I'm stuck with Frodo 12.0. I wanted to keep Eden 11.04.
Can Eden still be installed using ssh and not from Nito TV?
yes of course
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I followed the install directions from the link below and ended up with Frodo.

How do I do a fresh install of XBMC to get Eden 11.04 and not Frodo?

hxxp://www.xbmchub.com/blog/2013/01/11/complete-guide-to-installing-xbmc-on-the-apple-tv-2-from-beginning-to-end/

xbmchub is not us and they do not contain the official install instructions.

Use the "nightly build" instructions here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...tly_builds

Skip step one and use this URL for step four:
Code:
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/atv2/deb/org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2_11.0-4_iphoneos-arm.deb
I ended up installing Frodo and XBMC Wizard; seems to be working well. Thank you for the help! I'll keep your replies if I want to go back to Eden-Wink
I'm having a similar problem and have come here looking for help. I know *exactly* enough to get myself into a lot of trouble. Last night I tried to update my XBMC on my Apple TV 2 with what I now see is an unauthorized wizard. Instead of updating XBMC, it seems to have partially deleted it. There's still a box for it on the main screen of Apple TV, there just isn't anything in it and it won't load when I click on it.

So I was going to delete (whatever's left) of my current version of XBMC with SSH on my Macbook. However, apparently I don't have enough space to even delete the old XBMC.

I know there are files like,

/private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages
/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental
/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other
/private/var/cache/apt/archives/

that can be deleted, but I don't know how to delete them. I understand that rm is the code, but I don't know what to put after it! I'm not sure if it's the entire folders I should remove or just the files.

If anyone can help me through this by offering the exact code I'd appreciate it. A lot. Arrested Development awaits.
You could just use a sftp client like cyderduck. Then you don't need rm and can do it just like in any explorer Wink
That's an idea! I have Filezilla, but again ... am not sure I'll be able to find the appropriate files in it. Like I said .. I know just enough to constantly get myself into a lot of trouble! I can give it a shot though.

Yup I was right, LOL. No idea how to get in there. I assume the host is my Apple TV ip address, and the password is Alpine, but what is the username? I"ve tried leaving it blank and it doesn't connect me to the server.
I'm in! Found these instructions ... in site manager:
host = the IP of the ATV2
port = [blank] (or 22)
Protocol: SFTP SSH File Transfer Protocol
User: root
Password: alpine (if you haven't changed it)

Now to see if I can delete files, remove XBMC then reinstall it successfully. Yikes.
O.K. I've managed to delete and reinstall XBMC. I have one more very important question though that I hope someone can answer.

How do I get my plugins back? I can see I still have them in Filezilla in my "old XBMC" files, but don't know how to move them to my new XBMC. Any suggestions?
IIRC, the wizard installer moves a copy of all your old stuff, including add-ons, to that "old XBMC" folder. If you rename the folder to just "XBMC" it should put all your add-ons and settings back to how they were before you used the wizard.
Hello everyone !

I'm new here... I've been trying to uninstall XBMC on my apple tv, but it has been pretty hard. I get the following message:

Reading package lists... Error!
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

I've read on numerous places that there are files such as /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/packages, that can be deleted, but my question is HOW do I actually delete those files? I need to know the commands that need to be put on terminal so I can be able to delete those files.

I would be very very happy if someone can please give the step by step, since I am no expert on tech things.
I would use CyberDuck (wiki) and make an SFTP connection using username: root, password: alpine. I wouldn't do it by the command line because you want to only delete the individual files inside the folders, and not the folders themselves.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Uninstall E: Write error0