Music Audio does not work (movies/games/etc works fine)
Only music audio is failing for me. Admittedly, it's not a huge deal, but the wife wanted to use it and it failed so that means it's gotta be fixed.

I've turned on logging and I'm really not getting a whole lot, I'm basically just getting a whole lot of:

01:01:02 T:5104 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Error while decoding 1
01:01:02 T:5104 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 4, path [E:\Audio\iTunes Music\My Music\Green Day\International Superhits!\05 Basket Case.wma]
01:01:02 T:5104 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Error while decoding 1
01:05:07 T:3636 ERROR: Previous line repeats 175 times.

I'm not exactly sure what that means other than the audio decoder just isn't working, but it works for everything except music.
Taking a second look, I realize that i'm not storing files in this .wma format, so it's something that XBMC is doing that I have no idea about. I cleared the library and re-scanned it back in but picking a different band resulted in:

01:17:12 T:5104 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 12, path [musicdb://3/46/627.wma?albumid=46]
01:17:35 T:5104 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Error while decoding 1
01:17:35 T:5104 ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 2, path [musicdb://3/46/617.wma?albumid=46]
01:17:35 T:5104 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Error while decoding 1

Anyone else run into this? Or any helpful hints as to where to turn?

EDIT: I should note that most if not all of my files are stored in the .mp3 format, so I'm probably missing something basic, but it's trying to read them as .wma instead of .mp3
Somehow this was fixed by changing what opens the file (to VLC) for all mp3 files, removing the source and clearing the library, then re-adding the source and adding the files to the library. Awesome Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Audio does not work (movies/games/etc works fine)0