Poll: AEON MQ 5?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
94.87%
No
5.13%
Total
156 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 8(current)
Aeon MQ 5 ?
(2013-09-29, 07:00)Buzniak Wrote: Is there a release date for the Public version?

Tis released!
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

(2013-09-29, 10:40)Samu-rai Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 07:00)Buzniak Wrote: Is there a release date for the Public version?

Tis released!
Ohh so it is, thanks
(2013-09-30, 12:32)Buzniak Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 10:40)Samu-rai Wrote:

Tis released!

I think it's only released for, Donating and Invited users!
If it is released to the general public its not on his webpage.

Would like to know the official Public release date.

i you would read this
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174501

you would know it's already available
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-09-30, 12:34)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-09-30, 12:32)Buzniak Wrote:
(2013-09-29, 10:40)Samu-rai Wrote: Tis released!

I think it's only released for, Donating and Invited users!
If it is released to the general public its not on his webpage.

Would like to know the official Public release date.

i you would read this
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174501

Yep Thanks Martijn, found it like 2 minutes before you posted. GREAT!

you would know it's already available

JUST SOME SUGGESTIONS;

Could someone, please add logos to the to of the poster in right view. Enlarging the clearart a little would be good too, Logos are massive but clearart, the detailed art is too small.
At the far right bottom of the page there's enough room to place a studio icon too.

A logo and clearart png would be good in the info/pause menu of TV shows, Movies have them but not TV shows.

Another suggestion is to add multiple dist art for SETS in movie menu, and sets menu.
THANKS!!
Wow!!!!

Thank you for all the time and effort Marcos.
Any chance an idiots guide to mq 5 will come out. Love everything about it but to dumb to figure out new playlist arrangement.

Aaron
I'm happy to see some old users back, and several new ones too.

I want to thank everyone who has helped build this skin. Who knows Samu-rai can do some good tutorials.

I'm making the final adjustments here and probably the final version will be in the official repository in early November, one month ahead of schedule. Big Grin
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Sure thing MQ. As soon as I get some time, I'll get started.

It's the least I can do to thank you for all your hard work!

Wink 
Great work, Marcos!!

Love the flexibility and options in the Aeon MQ5 Big Grin

I have a question, in regards to some of the customisation.

Given the fact that you can create lots of menu items that can have their own background, etc... I wish to use the functionality that enables you to "replace this menu with..." and "cloning sub-menu from..."
Both options are great. However, say you have two separate folders, one for standard movies and one for kids (cartoons only). If you create an additional menu entry, called "Cartoons" and then apply the settings by using the above mentioned features, it creates a new menu entry with its own background and name. However, because it has been cloned from the "Movies" menu entry, it shows the "Movies" recently added instead of the "Cartoons" folder movies.

Is there a way, to clone the functionality (as it does), but enable you to point to a different source? Have I missed something? Is it possible with XBMC 12.3?

In the same topic, if you navigate from say the TV Shows to the browse option, you can still access the Movies, even though they are on a different path and source all together. Is this related to skins behavior or just the way that XBMC works? Just trying to stop the kids from going to the wrong menus Wink

Thanks for your time and help. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Alain
1) The recently added button on the movies sub menu leads to a video node built-in within XBMC.

If you want to create a button that does the same thing, but only shows items within a playlist you have created, I think you will need to set up a separate smart playlist.

2) I'm not sure what you mean.

Hi Samu-rai, thanks for your reply.

The following images may explain better, what I'm trying to say...

- MOVIES Recently Added

- CARTOONS Recently Added

- CARTOONS cloned from Movies Menu

- CARTOONS SubMenu cloned from the Movies SubMenu

- CARTOONS Smart Playlist

I have tried to separate the two, but it appears that this is a limitation within XBMC, given the fact that you can only have one set of settings to customise for the "Movies" section. Or I don't know how?!?
I understand, that you can add multiple sources/paths for any of them (movies/music/photos...), however, they still share the main features, hence the behavior from my screen shots above.

I created a SmartPlaylist, as shown above, but it doesn't go automatically to it when selecting Cartoons.

Given the above information, would you try to find a way to tie the SmartPlaylist to the Cartoons (I would still have the problem of showing the other movies in the main menu "recently added"), or pursue a different avenue, such as creating two separate user profiles, which based on the skin, it says that you could have separate sources, etc...?

Apologies if its something trivial, as I'm new to XBMC, I have been using WMC for the last 5 years. Happy to make the move. Big Grin

Thanks for your time and help.
Oh that's much simpler to sort out.

Rather than cloning the main movies button and renaming it Cartoons (which I think is what you did), choose the item you want to replace, then choose 'replace this menu with', and then a list will appear to the left.

Choose video playlist, and then select the cartoons smart playlist.

Assuming you have set to the smart playlist correctly, it should all work as you want, including the skin widgets.

I did a tutorial for MQ4 on the same thing. The principle is the same for MQ5, so it may help.

Hi Samu-rai,

Your the man!!

Thanks so much.

All sorted. I followed your other tutorial, and down on step 4 it changes a bit, as the customisation option is not available there for Aeon MQ5, but I figured that this gets done under the "Customise-> Main Menu" and just apply the newly created video smartplaylist's and your are done Laugh

Thanks again, and happy new year!
Glad you got it sorted.

Happy New Year to you too!

Hello,

Same as everyone here I really love this skin.

There is something missing though, and if I am wrong someone please correct me.

The karaoke selector seem to not work with this skin. I have karaoke enabled on my xbmc and the selector works perfectly with the default confluence skin and AEON NoX skin. With the Nox and default skin, the karaoke selector comes up every time a karaoke song ends and I have also assigned a key using the keymap editor add-on for the song selector and works perfectly for both skins. But when using the MQ5 the selector does not show up at all no matter what I do.

Another thing also is when using the advanced settings from KARAOKE XBMC to play videos does not seem to work either.

Is karaoke mode not supported with the skin? This is the best skin thus far so I'd love to be able to use this. I'm stuck with Aeon Nox for now.

Thanks!
Hello all,

First time poster, long time XBMC user.
Loving Aeon MQ5 skin, it replaced my previous favorite, Aeon NOX.

I have one question, if anyone can shed some light on it, I'd be very grateful:

Is there a way to instantly see that a TV episode have been watched, but was stopped before ending?

Something like a progress icon next to the title in the Library.

I can right click on file and see it's been watched, since it'll show "Resume playing from XX:YY", but i can't seem to find an option to make it visible right there in the episodes list.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 5 ?3