Poll: AEON MQ 5?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
94.87%
No
5.13%
Total
156 vote(s)
100%
* You voted for this item.

• 4(current)
Aeon MQ 5 ?
Hi. Just want to say that Ace support horiziontal menu! Or did I misunderstood the question?

Br
Harald
Hello all, I would like to inform that today 5/2/2013 I started officially writing the Aeon MQ 5.

I already have the first draft of the new feature called REPLACE. I can say that is much better than the REORDER in MQ 4. Nod

Soon I will give more news.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Awesome! Cheers MQ!
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Cheers MQ. Looking forward to see what's next for you.
Dear users, I updated the first post, please read carefully.

Visit my website
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Exciting stuff! Big Grin
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Dear users, I updated the first post again, please read carefully.

Visit my website
I hope I'm allowed to add suggestions here rather than the other forum mentioned in the first post?
Anyway, my suggestions for MQ5 coming from MQ4 would be....

1. Kiosk Mode to also lock the bottom menu on the main/home screen. Clearly don't want people to accidentally press the down button on the remote a few times and get lost down there.

2. Easier main menu creation, MQ3 was fine, MQ4 seems difficult but by the sounds of it, you've got it covered already

3. More layout options, I think there's currently 14 or so, however, I think there should be another "Panel" view, maybe "Panel Horizontal" with the covers showing horizontal rather than vertical. This will help a lot with Super Nintendo game boxes as they are all horizontal and the only view type that you can use currently is "Poster" if I recall correctly. IMO Panel is the best view type for games, just also need a horizontal covers version, which is lacking.

Also, perhaps rounded corners on the "Banner" viewtype for TV shows would be nice without the clear rectangle box with white boarder. I think Aeon Nox 4.0 has it right/done it better. You can see it in their video at the 1:08 mark.

4. Better layout for Movie Info, that is when you highlight a movie, press the "i" button. I think showing the actors automatically down the bottom of the screen can look a bad if your missing actor images and its just showing a star, I'd prefer to be able to highlight "Actors" or "Cast", then go through their names/images.

I'd also like to see on that screen the fanart, or both box cover and fanart. To be honest, you cannot really see the fanart in the background, unless you press the back button (backpace) where you'll see it for a few seconds. I really think it should show some fanart here. I've already seen the box cover art in the movies menu screen, and you never get to see the fanart show.

The "Get Thumb" and "Get Fanart" options should be hidden off screen as imo they are a menu option, its not an option you want to select 99% of the time.

I like this other layout I used on my TVIX 6600, I think it was from the original Aeon, but I'm not entirely sure, maybe it will give you some ideas.

ImageImage

5. Cleaner and neater looking menu text. Attached images of MQ4 vs Welo v2

ImageImage

6. Better option to display Genre's, perhaps just a better text menu would suffice. I'm not entirely sure if this is just a view type issue and the images on the right don't show, so yea, not sure what's the go there. I'm probably doing something wrong.

7. My own opinion/request, being able to set the colour of the RSS bar to the same transparent view as the thin bar on top of the main menu as I don't use RSS (I remove the RSS link but keep RSS on so the bar shows)

Apart from that, I cannot think of anything else. Your skin is clearly the best one going around, I just hope you take my thoughts on board and don't view them negatively but rather positive info to improve this great skin Smile
I appreciate the amount of work you do for all of us, its awesome Smile
(2013-05-21, 15:50)leftywhat Wrote: 1. Kiosk Mode to also lock the bottom menu on the main/home screen. Clearly don't want people to accidentally press the down button on the remote a few times and get lost down there.

Actual to further this discussion, I feel that Kiosk Mode should prevent users from changing any of the data. This includes the ability to "Get Fanart" or "Reload" in any of the info screens. You shouldn't be able to change the skin settings at all, IMHO.

It would be nice to still be able to "Search" though from the top menu.
Hello all, news:

The code of Aeon MQ 5 will going very well, I already have a breakthrough.

What I can say right at this moment is: The new customization 'Generation 5' that have the REPLACE is something that goes beyond expectations, goes far beyond what is possible do in Aeon MQ 4 or any other skin by MQ.
The Aeon MQ 5 is a skin of another level. Nod

@all - To avoid that this topic be moved or even closed, I ask you to respect my request and make suggestions forum only in Brazilian that time, it will be better for all of us.

Visit my website
(2013-05-23, 16:15)MarcosQui Wrote: Hello all, news:

The code of Aeon MQ 5 will going very well, I already have a breakthrough.

What I can say right at this moment is: The new customization 'Generation 5' that have the REPLACE is something that goes beyond expectations, goes far beyond what is possible do in Aeon MQ 4 or any other skin by MQ.
The Aeon MQ 5 is a skin of another level. Nod

@all - To avoid that this topic be moved or even closed, I ask you to respect my request and make suggestions forum only in Brazilian that time, it will be better for all of us.

I cant read Brazilian Sad nor is it working (the translation into english)
@Skank, post in english not trouble for us, it´s fine, and translation pt for english work fine here, we have translation button in footer for this by Microsoft Translator, if possible use google chrome. If need help for register, let me know. Remember forum have support for many languages, select english or other language before register and change theme default forum for unova theme.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
im on chrome Smile

can you register for me please?
Yes, I will send PM for you.

Done, Private Message send with username and Pw.
To all
For more easy sign in XBMC Brazil forum, we create a new resource, sign with facebook or twitter, select first english and press log with facebook/twitter (register/log in only one button), choose username and login happens, very easy now.

Wanilton
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 5 ?3