PSU for D2550-ITX Wi-Fi with NVidia GT610
Hello!

I'm building my first HTPC and currently I order the following parts:
CPU/GPU Zotac D2550-ITX Wi-Fi Supreme 1.86GHz Atom Mini-ITX Board with onboard NVidia GT610 graphics
Memory 4GB DDR3 1333 SODIMM
Storage Western Digital WD7500BPVT Scorpio Blue / 750GB / 2.5 inch Internal SATA Hard Drive

And now i'm looking for a case, keep in mind that i'm a little newbie on hardware and don't know exactly how to calculate power consumption.

I have found in a store new my house this one Cooler Master Elite 100 that come with a psu Flex ATX 150W with Active PFC.

From my research in the forum and in the page of the motherboard i think this psu will be enough, just wanted to confirm before buying it.

Thanks for the help!
(2013-02-02, 16:54)flatlining Wrote: Hello!
I have found in a store new my house this one Cooler Master Elite 100 that come with a psu Flex ATX 150W with Active PFC.Thanks for the help!
Will be enough.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
For reference, I am using a 60W adapter with a similar D2500/GT610 motherboard. At full load it barely breaks 25W.
It's way too big. The board draws max 58W (and you'll never get there). Power supplies have their best efficiency at the upper bound. I run a similar board with external HDD and DVD drive with a Pico PSU 90.
Thanks everyone for the tips! since the psu comes with the case, I will initial use it, even if it is a overkill, and eventually try to buy a lower one.
(2013-02-02, 21:42)flatlining Wrote: Thanks everyone for the tips! since the psu comes with the case, I will initial use it, even if it is a overkill, and eventually try to buy a lower one.

You might as well. Even though it's not optimal, the cost of getting a new PSU would likely outweigh any energy bill savings you might get from a picoPSU. If you do end up getting a case without a power supply the picoPSU-90 (better than 80W version since 90W comes with CPU P4 power plug) with a 60W AC adapter would be plenty.

Be careful with the Pico-PSU.. some models obscure the outer SO-DIMM slot (and this board oddly wants the one furthest from the CPU filled first).

The Pico-PSU 90 is a perfect fit - and silent.
(2013-02-02, 21:42)flatlining Wrote: Thanks everyone for the tips! since the psu comes with the case, I will initial use it, even if it is a overkill, and eventually try to buy a lower one.
You'll be fine w/ the included PSU.....and your PC components are not going to use more power than it required.....it's not going to make very much of a different in term of electric bill or how PC perform when compare to Pico PSU.....

People is going for Pico PSU mainly for it small size and silent........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PSU for D2550-ITX Wi-Fi with NVidia GT6100